Chapter 20 -the last part

Start from the beginning

"He is, Tamy, your daddy and Uncle Ethan are good guys." I said just as Tamy placed something soft and light on my hand. I looked down and was shocked to see a four leaf clover, it was so hard to find! Betty had always brought me random things from the garden, sometimes weeds, sometimes grass but never this.

"For you aunty Ellie, I found it." Tamy said proudly and I hugged him tightly. Erica and her husband were so lucky to have Tamy as their son. I just wished that Ethan could be back soon for my 18th birthday. I wouldn't want my boyfriend and soon-to-be husband to be not around me.

~~~~~~~ a few weeks later..... It was Ellie's 18th birthday~~~~~~

"Darling, this is from dad." Queen Nina said and she handed me a long box with golden engraved flowers on it. I looked at her and to the box and she nodded, signalling that I should opened up. I smiled and opened it. What I saw took my breath away. It was a golden bracelet with a red rose in the middle as the design, something that royal family would have. "He kept this long enough, he had apologise for not being here but he said he would love to." Queen Nina said and I held back the urge to cry. Dad had not not love me even after everything, even though he occasionally sent messages to me, he had not mentioned "I love you" or anything. But I was grateful for this gift. "and this is from me" Queen Nina said before handing a velvet box to me.

I opened without hesitation and "Oh My Gosh... I can't accept it." I said and pushed the box back to her. It was a gold necklace with glittery beads on it, too beautiful to wear it. Though it looked new and well maintained, there was a hint of age on it because of the box.

"It used to be mine, now it's yours." she said and I felt tears filling my eyes. My Mum actually gave me such an expensive gift? I knew we are the Royal family but this was just too expensive to accept. She wiped my tears off and grinned at me.

"It's beautiful mum. Thank you." I said and she took the necklace out and helping me put on. The cold pearl of the necklace touches my warm skin and I left goosebumps on it. It fits perfectly on my neck and I felt bliss, if only Ethan could see. I frown.

"What's wrong honey?" mum asked. I shook my head and straighten my dress. Queen Annie insisted me on wearing a gown that dragged on the floor at the back, so I complied. She had said that that's the proper princess dress because I am the rightful owner of the crown.

"It's time." mum said and she clung on my arms, pulling my out of my room. I sighed a little and put on my best smile. We walked towards the room and she opened the door, lights flashes and I could feel a little nervous.

"Happy Birthday Princess Ellie." the ballroom erupted with cheers and clapped the moment I walked into it. I gasped a little and smile, but the whole time wishing Ethan was here. It was like everything was perfect and good but something was missing from it.

"Thank you people." I said into the microphone. Queen Annie smiled and patted my shoulders and I smiled at her before turning again to address the crowd. She was proud that I had overcome my fears of facing the crowd and that I had grown so much ever since last year. I had manage to move back with Queen Nina and went round the town, socializing and hearing the citizens out. Though a few were unhappy but majority were proud and happy that their princess did what other kingdoms would not do. Getting to know their people. And I had always believe that to be a good kingdom ruler, I had to be in their shoes - which I knew very well considering I spent 16 years of my life as a commoner.

"As everyone know, today is my birthday and wished everyone would enjoy the party. Thank you." I said and retreated, everyone smiling and clapping before resuming their chatting and dancing in the ballroom. I bet those without royal invites were enjoying themselves outside the castle walls and holding feasts and parties.

I was about to turn away and head back inside to change when suddenly, the wedding song blasted out and I looked around trying to figure out why are they playing this song. Nobody would be going to get married, not that I know of. I mean, Erica's married and had a son!

"Pardon my lateness, My Beloved Wife." came a voice and I turned to see if I had heard the familiar voice correctly. My jaw dropped when I saw Ethan holding a bunch of flowers and a ring box walking towards me. The turquoise ring that Ethan gave me last year was still on my finger and he had said that it was our promise ring. I had always said that the ring was the wedding ring but Ethan laughed it off and flicked my forehead lightly.

He walked infront of me and stopped before getting down on one knee and said "Will you be my official wife?"

Tears were rolling down my face and I am covering my hand over my mouth. I can't believe Ethan was here, kneeling right in front of me. "Will you?" he asked again when I didn't answered. I blinked. Everyone was silent but the camera lights were flashing and I could almost see the headlines tomorrow morning "Prince Ethan propose to Princess Ellie".

"I do." I replied and Ethan stood up to slip another diamond ring into my finger. I beamed and took the flower from him and was smiling like an idiot. I am the happiest girl alive on planet earth and I saw Queen Nina wiping a tear away from her eyes before clapping. Everyone in the room clapped and cheered and some screamed out loud.

"I Love you Ellie." Ethan whispered and kissed me on the lips.

"I Love you too Ethan, thank you." I replied before pulling him into another kiss.

There you have it, a HAPPILY EVER AFTER.