.eight.

Jaxon's POV

I'm sitting at our lunch table, and I realize Carter isn't with us. I look around to see if she sat with someone else, or if she was talking to someone. I can't find her.

I might as well just call her, see if she plans on coming to lunch. Thankfully we are allowed to use our phones at lunch.

I dial her number, and it rings a few times. It takes her a moment to answer it, but finally she does.

"Why aren't you at lunch," I question her.

"I didn't feel like it, but if you really want me there I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Yes, of course I want you here." Why wouldn't I? I'm not upset with her.

"Okay. Give me 5"

Maybe she thinks I'm actually upset about her getting in trouble. I hope not. If she does, she's probably been dwelling on it a bit. It has been a few hours.

I'll have to apologize to her when she gets here.

She said she'd be here in five minutes, but it's already been six.

Before I can call her again though, she walks up to the table. She sits right across from me, to sit there she doesn't even have to ask/make anyone move.

I can see some emotion come across her face, but she then covers it up. It's like a battle between her emotions and a façade.

Out of the blue Vanessa says, "He said I was the better kisser."

And hell broke loose.

I was unable to move; I could only watch as Carter and Vanessa fought.

It seems like that's what everybody else was feeling too.

I watched helpless as Carter started choking Vanessa, and Vanessa's face started changing color.

After realizing that, I jump out of my seat. Which makes everyone jump out of their seat after me.

I run over to Car, and at the same time, Benji goes to Vanessa. He tries to pry Carter's hands off while I try to hold her back.

This girl's got some strength...

Finally, Benji gets Carter's hands of vanessa's neck. I immediately take her hands and put them behind her back. I'm trying to hold her back, but she very clearly wants to hurt Vanessa.

She struggles and struggles, but somehow I still have her arms pinned against her back.

I can almost feel her breaking down, and it looks like she's giving up.

She seems like she's fighting an inner war along with trying to hurt Vanessa.

I'm deep in thought trying to figure out what happened between them, when suddenly Carter rips her arms out of my hold.

It happened too quickly.

How is she that strong?

She sprints at Vanessa, who hasn't been detained like Carter. Carter lands on top of Vanessa, who struggles to get her off.

I run towards them trying to get Car off of her before she does anything else, to get her in more trouble.

Before I'm able to get there, Carter pulls her fist back and punches Vanessa right in the face. It obviously hurt Vanessa, but she also looks stupefied.

I inch closer to the two, in an effort to try to get them apart without getting their attention. In an act of revenge, Vanessa slaps Car as hard as she possibly can.

Everyone in the cafeteria could probably hear it.

Benji, Grayson, Lucas, and I all jump into action, to try to separate the two. Girls are strong when they want to be.

Carter pops up before we can grab her and the boys and I take a step back to see what she's going to do. She looks like she might just walk away.

That would be a relief.

It's too good the be true.

Carter stalks back over to Vanessa and rips her by her hair and throws her into the table.

I immediately realize this as the time to keep them separate. As the other boys get the same idea, Lucas and Grayson come toward me, to help with Carter, and Benji gets Vanessa.

Once the girls are both restrained, we look around and notice the crowd around us.

Benji walks Vanessa away from the crowd, and checks to see if she's alright.

I look back at Carter and see her shaking her hand and chuckling. I realize that she's shaking the strands of Vanessa's hair off of her hand.

Why is she suddenly a maniac?

I could've sworn she was fine earlier.

Maybe the barista put something in her coffee.

I reach for Carter's elbow to lead her outside. She goes willingly, thank the Lord.

I can tell she's trying to calm herself down. Once, I've gotten to a reasonable distance, I stop.

I look around, then turn to her. "What has gotten into you?!"

"I ju- I dunno...." She stutters while teetering a bit on her feet.

"You need a much better explanation for all that, now." I scold her, a bit less friendly than I should've.

"I just... she just.... and then.... I can't tell you..." She looks down, and I find myself forgiving her. I probably shouldn't with the fact that she could've seriously injured Vanessa.

Suddenly, she turns and walks away. I fight the urge to go after her, but I know she needs time to think.

I wait until she disappears from my sight, until I go to find Benji and Vanessa.

I pass by Grayson, and without waiting for me to ask, he tells me that Benji took Vanessa to the nurse.

I am at a loss for words, all I do is nod in thanks. I make the 6 minute long walk to the nurse's office.

I walk right into the door, I didn't stop to knock or anything.

Immediately, I see the nurse on the phone with somebody, and Benji looks nervous.

That makes me feel loads better....

I waste no time in asking Benji what is happening and what's wrong with Vanessa.

"They're calling an ambulance to come and get her. They think her spinal cord is hurt, and they need x-rays. The most certain thing about this is the fact that Carter is definetly going to get in trouble."

I take a deep breathe, and walk out the door.

Carter could have seriously injured her.

She'll press charges.

Carter will be grounded for the rest of her life.

All I can do is sit down, and hold my head in my hands, as I'm sure my head will explode from everything that's happening.

YAYYYYYY I UPDATEDDDDDD!!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW IF I'D BE ABLE TO GET THIS UP EARLY ENOUGH!!! THANK THE LORDDDDDDDDDDDDD FOR CLASSES IN WHICH I DO NOTHING OTHER THAN WRITE..... (I got my phone taken away, but I'm on the website)

*cough* computer class *cough*

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeee