.one.

I can't say that I'm different from every other teen out there, because I know we all have stories. Some we'll never share, and some everybody knows about. My life isn't simple, but it also isn't complicated. Am I a troubled teen or a confused goody two shoes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carter Owens' POV

I start my morning off by hearing the wretched sound that is my alarm, waking me from a deep sleep. I then slowly drag myself off my bed and onto the floor. "Ugggghhhhhh," is normally the first sound I make. My family is already accustomed to it. I accept my fate, and stand up on shaky legs, like a newborn fawn.

I'm thinking I'll wear almost exactly what I wore yesterday, Ripped black jeans and a tee shirt. I rummage through my drawer and grab the first tee that catches my eye and grab my jeans from the floor. The end product is a maroon tee and my jeans.

As I'm stalking down the stairs, I think about how my mood couldn't get much worse, but then I remember that my class will be getting a new kid. From what I heard, the new kid is a brown haired, feisty girl by the name of Stephanie Williams. To be fair, my information is from my best friend, Jaxon. He only knows because he was in the office, working with the accountant, when she walked in. After she left, he saw papers on the secretary's desk, accidentally of course, as he made me keep the information a secret.

"Breakfast, breakfast, breakfast, hmmmm," I sing to myself while looking through the pantry, then the fridge, lower my expectations, and start the process over. Until I'm left with toast and cream cheese.

Riiiing Riiiing

I look at my phone, after I pop my toast in the toaster. "Goodmorning, Car!" Says a way too perky Jaxon, but then again that's all he is.

"Mhm... Yep... Morning," I say slightly annoyed. My toast pops out of the toaster and Jaxon shakes my attitude off.

"Coffee right?" I gasp and shake my head yes.

After I finally realize he couldn't see my head violently being shaken, "YES!"

"Mkay, I'll be there in 5!" Jax tells me, signaling me to grab the toast and drop it on the plate. I run back to my room to put my shoes on and brush my teeth.

I grab the first pair of socks I see. Which just happens to be my little sister's socks. I grunt, knowing these socks will make me rue the day. I slip on my black converse and tie them as I'm hopping toward the bathroom for my toothbrush. I start tying my shoe, and I finish in under a minute (a new record). I grab my tooth brush, brush my teeth, and run down the stairs. Just to be greeted by an angry mother.

"What do you think you're doing?" My mother interrogates me as I keep walking to the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, it's a cliffhanger... Also it isn't very long, but once I get the hang of Wattpad, they'll be longer. I promise. Comment what you think, please. If you care, the next chapter should be up next Sunday.