Ch.9

External POV

The grass was littered with rogue bodies. In the center stood an overprotective, possessive Alpha-to-be trying to keep the rest away from his mate. His. Teeth bared, the large black werewolf launched toward the remaining three rogues, and snapping one neck and then another. He left the last one to keep for questioning as to why these rogues were on his territory.

Picking the last one up by the neck and dragging it toward his baffled father, and dropping it at his awaiting feet. He looked down at his father with his paw holding the future dead rogue.

The older Alpha looked at his son in shock and praise swarming his eyes. Never had the older Alpha seen any werewolf take down at least thirty wolves without any assistance. He was very sure that his son was ready to be the Alpha of his pack, and be capable to take care of all of the pack members and his own mate.

The young Alpha-to-be nodded at his father and waited for dismissal so he could go back to his mate. The older wolf nodded his head back at his son, and he darted off in the direction of the hospital where his mate awaits him.

Damon POV

My wolf gave me control of my body after we got halfway back to the hospital. I watched his whole assault and desecration of the rogue wolves. I am proud of my wolf for protecting what is ours, and keeping him safe, but I didn't expect him to be able to take out all of the rogue wolves on his own.

I reached my mates room to see Laken still by his side holding his paw tightly in his vice grip.

"I just heard that you took out all of the rogues by yourself. With absolutely no help from even your father," Laken exclaimed. I would have just ignored him but I wanted people to know all about my protective side so nobody would feel the need to mess with my mate.

"Yes, I did take out all of the rogues that tried to come and take my mate from me. I took them all out by myself." I replied sharply making him take a quick step back from me, but he never let go of Ryden's hand.

I walked over to my mate's side and plopped down onto my chair, and resumed the position of hovering over my mate while he slept in his current unconscious state. I ran my hands through his fur silently pleading with him to wake up. Please, beautiful. I will give anything for you to wake.

*               *               *               *

"Damon." I don't want him to keep coming here if he is just going to keep bugging me about leaving my mate's side. It still won't happen, old man. I think about telling him, but this time I want to just ignore him.

"Damon, You need go on a run. Maybe even interrogate the rogue that you, need I remind you, happily dropped at me feet for interrogation. Do Something!." He growled at the end, "Don't make me have to throw you out of this room. As much as I am worried about Ryden, at the moment I am more worried about your health." The comment about forcing me away from my mate had me growling in a threatening way.

To answer my threat, his eyes flashed the glowing red of Alpha's eyes that most would mistake for rogue eyes. (The difference being that Alphas' eyes glowed whilst rogue eyes were a bland blood red.) His growl was and Alphas' growl but with myself being so close to taking over his position; it didn't affect me very much.

In the end he just signed and said, "Please." and then walked back out of the room. I just went back to my original plan of ignoring him, and didn't listen to his pleas and merely went back to staring at my mate. Eventually I fell asleep.

A few hours later I wake up to see my mate in the same spot, but what was different was that it wasn't Laken sitting across the bed it was a wolf that I didn't know. That just pissed me off. "Who are you." I didn't ask the simple question; I demanded for it.

He looked at me with a smirk on his face. He was about as tall as me and had jet black hair and bright baby blue eyes, "I am Jared, future Alpha of The White Raven Pack. Nice to meet you." 

"Alright Future Alpha Jared, why are you in my mate's hospital room?" I asked wanting to get the potential threat out of my mate's room.

"That is something you will have to wait to find out. I won't be telling anyone but Ryden of the reason as to why I am here." I started growling when he said he wouldn't tell me. I wanted him Out. Now.

"State your purpose, Jared, or get the fuck away from my mate." I threatened him.

"Well Damon, your mate should be waking up within the next day or so. When he does I will be back, right here; whether you like it or not your mate will want to see me." with that he left me alone with my mate. Finally.

What would the future alpha of White Raven want with my mate? What would Ryden do when he sees this Jared guy? If Jared has any ill will towards my mate I will personally end his life. Future Alpha or not, nobody messes with my mate.

(a/n: Well I hope you all like this chapter. It was a little shorter than I wanted it to be but I got everything into it so I'm alright with it. I don't know if I like the external POV but I hope you do. Comment. Vote. Enjoy! XD)