Ch.2

(a/n: This ch. is dedicated to vansalim18 and Cecilia_Flow13 for helping to inspire me to write this chapter :D thx)

Ryden POV

I ran.

I just didn't want him to look me in the face and just be another person who tells me I am unwanted. His eyes screamed disappointment as they looked upon my small frame.

Laken was shouting for me to come back, but I wouldn't. I'll explain it to him later. I hope he doesn't think any less of me for running from my mate.

By now I was deep into the forest, and up a tree. I can here someone coming and I hope it's not Damon. I am about to jump out of the tree and bolt again but I catch Laken's scent just as a white wolf with black paws, ears, and tail tip and light blue eyes barges into my sight.

I run up to him and push my head under his and whisper, "He's my mate please don't make me go back."

"Oh, Ry." He lightly bites the scruff of my neck and pulls me to the ground with him. I curl into his side whimpering while he coos at me that everything will be alright.

*               *               *               *

We layed in the same spot for about an hour before Laken suggested that we go up to my room an watch the movies we had planed for my birthday.

I am now crying because of the kid getting paralyzed in the car accident in Remember the Titans.

"It's so sad. I mean why did the kid have to get paralyzed before the big game. Couldn't the other guy have waited to crash into him until afterwards!?" Laken half shouts while tears come out of his eyes. I sometimes wonder why he gets passing grades in school, or wasn't held back?

"Lay, why would you as- you know what never mind." I reply giggling.

Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it. I'M COMING. Oooo, THAT'S WHAT I SAID. HAHA get it?"

Laken shouted. Laughing all the way to the door. I shake my head at his stupidity. Yet giggle a little, but stop abrubtly when his scent hits.

"Can I speak to him." I hear his sexy voice whisper sending shivers down my spine.

"uuuhh. Yep. Go right-"

"LAKEN!" I interupt but he so rudely ignores.

"-ahead and I will be making Ryden and I some more cholesteral building popcorn." He finishes brightly.

He just left me alone with my mate. Probably soon-to-be-rejected-by-mate. The traiter.

He is just staring at me and I can practically feel his eyes raining down on my small body. I shift a little to the right and they follow. It feels like he's looking at my neck but I'm not sure.

I wish he would speak first. I mean it's common sense that if you go looking to talk to someone, that you start the conversation. I am getting impatient when I hear a very soft whisper in my head.

He's nervous. This is the first time my feline has said anything since finding our mate.

'How do you know?' I question not understanding where my feline is coming from with this.

I can feel his wolf. His wolf is also angry at him for not running after us. The human side, Damon, was confused, that is why he didn't follow us and reassure you.

'Thanks.' I reply to my feline. I almost forgot he was here until I heard him.

"Hi Ryden. I'm Damon." He said reaching out to shake my hand. I look at him and take his hand and reply, "I know who you are. What did you w-want to speak to me about?"

I curse myself in my head at the sould of my voice breaking. I need to be confident and show him that I am strong.

"That's perfect. So you also know about us being mates then, so that brings me to why I am here. I have a question." He replies with a small smile gracing his face.

I looked at him expectantly.

"Ryden, will you accept the position of running the pack as Luna beside myself, the Alpha?" Damon gets right down to the point doesn't he.

Confusion. Fear. Shock. Determination. My emotions are running wild. I'm frozen in my emotions until I hear myself say, "Why?"

(a/n: What do you think? Good? Not so good? Should I keep going?)