Chapter 1

"Pleeeeaaaassseeeeee?" he begged.

"Sethhh," Annabelle whined, "It's cold outside, why the hell would I wanna go to the beach?" The pair was at Sam and Annabelle's house, lounging on the couch and watching TV.

Seth huffed, "Because I'll be there. Jacob's there too."

"So?" Seth rolled his eyes at his best friend and grabbed her by the waist before throwing her over his shoulder. Annabelle's eyes widened. "Seth! Put-me-down!"

"Nope!" Seth replied, mercifully. "We're going to the beach and you're gonna like it! I think Sam's there too."

Annabelle banged Seth's back helplessly with her fists, but it was no use. Within a few minutes of walking, they were at the beach, considering Annabelle and Sam lived so close.

Seth eventually let her down at the start of the beach and Annabelle sighed as her toes curled around the wet sand. Although it was cold, Annabelle had to admit that she loved the beach. She did, however, prefer it a lot more when it was warmer out, but she could still enjoy some of it in this weather.

"Hey, Jake," Annabelle greeted as she walked over to a group of people surrounding the van. "Hi, big bro," she greeted Sam with a ruffle of his long hair.

"Hi, Ellie," Jake said with a smile, "Hey, Seth."

"Hey!" Seth greeted happily, walking over to stand next to Ellie.

"Who are these people?" Ellie asked, curiously, her eyes scanning over the teenagers with paler skin, a stark contrast to her tanned skin.

"Um, this is Bella," Jake introduced, pointing at the girl who seemed to be the palest of them all and had dark brunette hair that cut off just below her shoulders. "And these are her friends," Jake continued, gesturing to the rest of the kids.

"Oh, well it's nice to meet you!" Ellie claimed with a smile. The rest of them greeter her with friendliness and went back to doing what they were doing before Ellie and Seth had gotten there.

Ellie concentrated on what Jake and Bella were talking about, as she had nothing else to do. When there was a break in their talking, Ellie decided to cut in. "So Bella, are you here to surf?"

"Definitely not," she scoffed, "I'd probably drown. Are you two?"

"Nope, I'm just here because my lovely friend," Ellie gestured to Seth, "Dragged me all the way down here."

Bella let out a smile as Seth said, "I plead guilty," Seth hung his head low in mock defeat.

"You guys should keep Bella company, um, her date bailed," the one Ellie recognized as Jessica said.

"What date?" Eric asked.

Jessica snickered, "She invited Edward."

"To be polite," Bella defended herself, "That's it."

"I think it's nice she invited him," Angela said in a soft voice, "Nobody ever does."

"Yeah, cause Cullen's a freak," Mike muttered.

"You got that right," Sam agreed. Ellie rolled her eyes, I can't believe he still believes in those stupid legends, she thought. She looked at Seth and giggled lightly and Seth chuckled along with her. Sam had always believed in the stupid myths about the Cullens. Seth and Ellie always made fun of him behind his back for it.

"You guys know him?" Bella asked.

"The Cullens don't come here," Sam informed her. The words hung in the air as no one else spoke. Ellie rolled her eyes again. Leave it to Sam to make it awkward, she thought.