twѳ

Harry's staring Rose down.

Just staring.

She can feel it, but she won't say anything.

She isn't gonna bother asking what's wrong this time.

Five days with this kid and shes going insane.

He's a brat and she can feel herself wanting to beat his ass.

All he's done is complain. Rose this, Rose that. And to top it off, she gets to take him to school since he suddenly doesn't want to ride the bus anymore. So now she gets to work later due to his sudden bus sickness. Great.

"Rose"?

Fucking hell.

"Yes Harry"? He pokes his food and frowns. "What's this"? "Breakfast". "I don't want it". "Harry. Please. Eat it. I've got to get you to school". "Why"? "Cause I've got to work". He cuts into his food but stops. "What is this really"? "Italian food". "Why would I eat this"? Rose sighs and squeezes her eyes shut, wishing this nightmare gone. "Harry. If you want to be picked up from school on time, you'll eat this and grab your things so I can go. I have to get to work and if I miss today, I can get into a lot of trouble. I'm asking you to please be decent and eat this. Please". Harry can hear the desperation in her voice. Maybe he should just eat it. Or...

"Rose. I can't eat this". "Harry. Please". "Sorry". Oh how she wants to slap the smirk off his damn face. "I'm a chef Harry. You can eat this". "Sorry Rose". "God damn it". She sighs and looks up, asking something or someone to take away the strength it takes it kill a boy. "Harry. Eat it". "Fine. Fine". She watches him finish his food and sighs in relief as he sets it in the sink. Rose packs the rest of the dish into the worn pea green bag and slings it over her shoulder. "Let's go". "Wait". "What"? "I can't tie my shoes". "Are you serious right now"? She gets down on her knees and ties his shoes quickly. "Let's go now".

He follows her out to her bike and stares at it. It's beatuful.

 It's beatuful

Buuut.....

"I'm not riding that". "Are you fucking kidding me"? She bites her lip and closes her eyes. Trying so desperately bad not to say anything that could make her lose this job. "Harry. Get. On. The bike". He smiles. It would be endearing if it weren't for the fact he's sawing her patience away. "Harry. Please. I am begging you". "Fine".

Rose hands him a helmet and she can already sense his next words.