Marshmallows

KyonRae's pov

I woke up feeling horrible.

Why did she get lead me on if she wasn't serious. Ughh I'm starting to get agitated. I walked downstairs to get a water to change the atmosphere. It was Sunday so I decided I should get food and buy some clothes since I haven't really went to go buy anything for myself in a little while.

I threw on my grey hoodie and my skinny jeans. I was thinking what I should buy. It was strange thinking about how I have money but I don't spend it.

It gains interest staying in the bank so it's fine, but I've never worked. I would like to try it out one day.

It seems fun, you actually get to earn your money because of your own efforts. Don't get me wrong I love that my parents provided my apartment which they pay and that they gave extra for the living expenses but I feel a bit guilty. I decided trying out new things would probably be interesting and give me a new view in life. I walked past a shop that sold nice clothes and walked in.

I walked out with two bags. One full of shirts with cool prints on them and mostly black and white skinny jeans in the other. I like shirts with nice patterns better because then you can match more than one shirt with a pair of pants.

I passed a little cafe on my way to get food. I've never even seen this place. I walked in and I was immediately enveloped with the smell of the cooking. I saw a help wanted sign near the counter.
This is most definitely a sign.

I waited for someone in front of me to get their coffee. I walked up the guy at the counter smiled.

"Hello welcome to Sweet Home Café. What would you like to order?"

"I'd like an Americano and job application please"

"Oh! Alright then, gimme a second and I'll have your coffee and papers"

"Thank you" He hurriedly gave me my papers. It seems he's pretty busy working by himself. I saw that there were five other costumers standing there. I thought It'd be easier to help right.
I set my papers, jacket and bag down at a table and walked back to the line. "Excuse me ma'am?"

"Huh? Uh yes?"

"I'll take your order so things can go faster."

"Oh alright then I suppose it's ok. I'll have a caramel macchiato"

I took all their orders and as I finished the guy had come back. "Miss here's your Americano"

"Thanks and here are their orders. I gave them numbers to remember so just do them in order"

"Oh thanks that really helps" I nodded and went back to fill out my papers. As I was finishing up another girl walked in. She had short brown hair and a pretty doll face. She didn't seem to be that tall and she was pretty adorable. Perfect girl. 10/10 would date. Maybe if she's also open to different relationships ... hmm?

Snap out of your fantasies KyonRae

She walked up to the counter and and reached over on her tip toes to hit the little bell getting the nice guy's attention. I continued filling out the last things on my paper and went to go hand them in. I waited behind her and it seemed like she is also trying to get a job here. She kind of smelled like marshmallows. She took her papers and turned back. She held my gaze for a second but it was pleasant.

She had such a sweet smiling face, it reminded me of my grandmother, she was so sweet to everyone. I haven't spoken to her or grandpa in a little while. Maybe I'll give them a call this week.

After spacing out for a few seconds I handed back my resume and papers. "Hope to see ya soon. My name's Minhyuk by the way " he smiled and waved to me as I left. Hopefully that cute girl gets the job it would be great to have a pretty coworker. That is if I even get the job. I sighed and decided to walk for a bit.

Maybe I should go out later this week and go to a club. I haven't been out with the crew in a while. I mean they've all been busy with school or work or their families. I'd be nice to hang out. I took out my phone and dialed YeonRin's number.

"Hey Rae what's up?"

"Nothing much just wanted to see if we could make plans"

"Sorry not this week but next week I'm free"

"Ok maybe we can make it work so we can get the group together to go clubbing"

"Sure I'll text you later gotta get back to work"

"Ok seeya Rin"

"Bye Bye" I heard the soft clicks of the call ending and continued walking. I should get out more and get back into my college routine. I was so much more productive then, maybe it'd be better.

Without noticing I had walked to a park. I aimlessly walked around the path and got lost in the nice garden on the side. When I looked up again I saw the cute girl from the café.

Unconsciously I walked up to her and tugged at her sleeve. She turned around and stared at me confused. I smiled and mumbled a greeting. I wonder why I mumbled. I was looking into her eyes and she finally noticed that and stuttered a meek 'hi' in return. Her eyes were mesmerizing. I collected myself and cleared my throat.

"You went to apply for the job at that little café right"

"Y-yes" she said almost inaudible. Cute.

"Cool. I did too my name's KyonRae" I stuck out my hand for her to shake.

"My name's HeeEun" She hesitantly took my hand and shook it. Her hand was small and soft. "I hope we'll be able to work together" I decided to leave it at that so she won't feel uncomfortable. "Well I'll see you then" I waved bye and she bowed slightly smiling.

I looked up to the sky. We better get that job. I need to be able to see her. I made my way (An: Downtown lol jk) back to my apartment. I really do want that job.

HeeEun's pov

I sat on my bed thinking about the café and that girl. Why did I keep thinking about it. I turned to adjust myself on the bed but I kept replaying that encounter with her in my head. What were her intentions? She seemed nice, hopefully we can become friends. I hope we both get hired. I don't want to be on my own.