Chapter 1

*This story only has the first six chapters. It is completed on www.dreame.com *

Carra's POV

I was going crazy in my room waiting for Eric to get home. It was his first day at our new school. I had really wanted to go too, but I was scared. People who I had considered friends proved that you can't trust anyone. Everyone will turn on you if it suits them.

The things that had happened at my old school had shattered me and left me vary of people

The only person that I knew without a doubt would never turn on me was Eric. He was my twin.

To him I was his little sister even though he was only seconds older than me. As that thought crossed my mind he walked through the door a big grin on his face.

"How was it?" I asked anxious to hear his answer.

"It honestly wasn't so bad little sis," he said walking across the room towards me.

"I think that you would have liked it." Eric smiled.

"I don't think I'm ready Eric. But I'm glad that you liked it." I said mad at myself for being so weak.

"Carra," he said turning my face towards him. His eyes softening.

"You can't let what happened stop you from living your life. If you do he wins."

I blinked back tears from my eyes and nodded. He was right. I turned my face refusing to shed a tear in front of him.

Adam had forever changed the way I saw people, guys mostly. Adam and I had dated for a little over a year when I decided to break things off. He was getting very violent and controlling.

All we did was fight. He was overly jealous.

Breaking it off with him only made him crazier. He started calling me all hours of the night begging me to give him another chance. He would come to my house and job he wouldn't leave me alone. He caught me outside my house one day and again tried to get me to take him back. He said he would change, but I knew it was all lies. How many times had I let things go when he acted jealous? How many excuses had I made for him before I had enough?

Too many.

When I still refused to give him another chance he lost it anger marring his face. He had pushed me on the floor and started hitting me. Telling me that I was always going to be his. That no one else would ever have me.

In his mind I broke up with him to be with someone else. Nothing I said convinced him otherwise.

He hit me over and over my nose gushing blood and my eye swelling shut. I could hear screaming coming from someone. I hadn't realized it was Eric until he yanked Adam off me. Sending him flying across the yard.

"It's okay Carra, I'm here." He said pulling me into his arms.

"How hurt do you think you are? Did he break anything?" Eric said pulling his shirt off wiping the blood from my swollen face gently.

"Tell me you're okay?" He said tears filling his eyes.

I looked up at him and cried at the look of devastation on his face.

"I'm okay," I said lying.

From the corner of my eye I saw Adam moving and I sucked in a breath.

"He's coming," I squeaked, as Adam got up.

"Call 911," He whispered to me before he went to intercept Adam.

"Awe look at you trying to protect your sister." Adam said a sadistic smile on his face.