New school

Hayley's POV

So today is my first day at my new school and I'm really nervous. I'm scared I won't be accepted by anyone.

Let me introduce myself. My name is  Hayley Swift, I'm 17 and in my senior year. When I was 14 I came out to my parents. Luckily for me, my dad accepted me but my mom on the other hand didn't. She told me I was a disgrace to the family and kicked me out.

I didn't have friends I could go to so that night I was sleeping on the streets. I went to my dad the next day asking for his help. He said mom didn't want me around them so as my family are quite rich my dad gave me 30,000 and told me to move away so that's what I did. The next day I packed my bags, got on a plane and moved up state. I bought a small apartment in Ohio. I decided that I didn't want to go to school once I got to Ohio. I was too depressed over everything. It wasn't until 17 that I decided I needed to get my life together.

I am going to be attending a school called Redwood High. I looked around the school the other week and it looks amazing so that is the school I have chosen to attend.
So that's everything about me.

___________________________

Beep beep beep

"Shut up you stupid alarm clock" I groaned and got out of bed.
It's six in the morning and I don't want to get up and I don't want to go to school.

After about 10 minutes of just lying in bed I finally pull myself out of bed and drag myself to the shower. After I finished showering I head back to my room and sort my hair out. I really can't be bothered to style it today so I just blow dry it and straighten it. Once my hair is finally done I head back to my room and grab a Taylor swift t shirt, black jeans and a plain black pullover.

Unfortunately I lost track of time and I was late. Shit I thought to myself. I can't be late on my first day of school.

I grabbed my bag and a cereal bar and ran out the door. I'm in such a rush I almost forgot to lock the door.

After about 10 minutes of running I finally reach Redwood High with about a minute to spare.

I head to the front office and get my schedule for my lessons. Good thing I only have three lessons. Biology, English and geography.

I head to my first lesson which is English. I'm really good at English and I was the top in my set at my old school when I was younger. It's also one of my favourite lessons. After English I go to my geography lesson. It was so boring and I couldn't wait to leave.

Unfortunately I had biology next. Ive always hated biology because my old teachers ruined it for me. We learnt jack shit but I now need biology to do what I want to do in life so I'm gonna try my hardest to pass this subject and hopefully enjoy it.

I walk into the classroom and I see a girl that looked so gorgeous. To my surprise though she wasn't a school girl she was the teacher!

"Good morning class. I'm Miss Jones and I will be your new biology teacher.
Today will be a simple lesson and we will just be getting to know one another. I will start and we will go round the classroom.
My full name is Robin Jones, I'm 23 and of course love biology."

Miss Jones then looks around the classroom and points to me. "You, can you please tell the class a few things about yourself"

I stand up slowly and clear my voice. "Um my name is Hayley Swift, I'm 17 and I'm a lesbian." I got a few different reactions to what I just said but most of the reactions were full of disgust.

The rest of the lesson went pretty slowly and I just wanted to leave.

Ring ring ring

The bell finally went and I rushed to get out of that class. I couldn't concentrate that whole lesson. I was to0 busy staring at my hot science teacher. Great now I'm not going to learn anything.

As I walked out of the building I noticed it was tipping it down. "Looks like there's going to be a storm I mumble to myself. "Yeah it does" someone said. I look to my right to where the voice came from and saw one of the boys from science.

"Hi I'm James" he said while putting his hand out so I could shake it.

"Hi I'm Hayley. Can I ask but you weren't one of the people who looked at me with disgust when I revealed I was a lesbian?" I asked kinda embarrassed.

"No of course not. I'm just glad I'm not the only gay person in this school anymore."

I looked at him kinda shocked. I didn't expect him to be gay but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover. "You done for the day?" he asked.

"Yeah. I don't know why I didn't take my car this morning. I ran like 10 minutes to school when I could have just driven my car." James started to laugh and so did I.

I was pretty stupid.

"I can give you a lift if you want. I have finished for the day as well so it's no trouble."

"Thanks" I say to him and we start to walk to his car.

We get to know each other more while driving to mine and I realised we had a lot in common. Honestly if we weren't both gay we would probably date.

After about 20 minutes of chatting we finally arrived at mine.

"Wow dude. Your car is sick" he said while staring at my fluorescent blue Lamborghini Huracan.

"Thanks. My parents are rich and got this for me on my 17th birthday."

"Your parents are cool Hayley."

"Well my dad is" I kinda stare at him before I continued again. "My mom didn't except me when I came out as a lesbian. She told me I was a disappointment to the whole family and kicked me out. The only reason I am where I am now is because of my father."

I think James could tell I was upset.
"There must be something wrong with your mom. She does realise that you were born that way right?" he questioned.

"I don't think she does but I'm much happier now than I was then. Anyway I better be heading indoors. If you want I can give you a lift tomorrow in the lambo."

"That would be amazing" he said while getting all excited.

" I will see you tomorrow" I said while waving goodbye.

"See ya"

I watch as James pulls out of the drive and drive away. I turn around and head into my apartment wondering what the rest of the year is going to be like.

Authors note.
Hello people. If you have got this far I want to thanks you. I hope you have enjoyed the first chapter of the book. I just want to bare in mind that this is my first book and it might not be that great but feel free to let me know how the book is and wether you are enjoying it. 💕❤
Georgia x