2 Year Check Up - Part 2

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I'll get in the back with him" I tell dad.

"Ok" he says and we both get in and head to the dentist. After 20 minutes, we are finally there. We get out and I unclip Blaine and dad locks the car up. We walk in and get registered. We sit down and I put Blaine on my lap, we wait around a while before finally being called up.

"Hello" Mr. Smith says as we walk in the room.

"Hi"

"Hey"

"So, how are we all?" He asks.

"Good, good" I say.

"Not too bad, yourself?" Dad asks.

"Good, glad to hear thanks" Mr. Smith says.

"Right so I have been told that it's his wisdom teeth and that it's a dummy problem" he says as he reads of off a piece of paper.

"Yes, he is having surgery today, isn't he?" I ask as Blaine snuggled into me once I laid him down a bit in my arms.

"Yes it is today but he's one of the last so he probably won't be for an hour or so, now you may be thinking 'then why have you bought us here if his surgery is later on', it's to check that everything is fine and alright to do the surgery" he explains.

"That's fine, don't worry" I smile at him. 

"Alright, let's get this over with" he says and I stand up with Blaine in my arms. I take Blaine to the chair and try to lie him down, but he just clung to me.

"Sweetie, you need to let the nice man check your teeth to see if they are alright, ok?" I try to tell Blaine but he wasn't having any of it.

"Sorry" I apologise.

"It's fine, happens all the time with kids, you can lay down and then put him on top of you if you want, most parents do that" he explains and I nod as I lay myself down and put Blaine on top of me so we were back to chest.

"Can you show me how wide you can open your mouth buddy?" Mr. Smith asks as he comes close to Blaine's face.

"Go on Blaine, show him how wide you can open your mouth?" I try to encourage as he refused. This time he finally obeys and opens his mouth.

"Thank you Blaine" he says as he gets to work and looks in Blaine's mouth. We lay there a few minutes while he does his work.

"You're doing an excellent job Blaine" Mr. Smith tells him as he spent a few more minutes in his mouth.

"Ok" he says as he sits us back up and we get off.

"His teeth are totally fine, but do lay off the dummy now as he is 2 years old, his wisdom teeth are going to have to come out today anyway no matter what the situation so after we've finished you'll have a couple hours to do something if you wanted to" he explains.

"Ok, obviously he will go under, but he had his 2 year check up last week so he might be a little fussy because he had to get 3 injections and has just recovered, he also has a bit of a fever" I explain to him. 

"Don't worry about that, that's absolutely fine, nothing will happen to him" he explains again.

"Blaine, would you like a sticker for being so brave for me?" Mr. Smith asks and Blaine nods his head 'yes'.

"Here, which one would you like?" He asks as he showed Blaine the box and Blaine finds a Batman one.

"Batman, good choice" he smiles at Blaine.

"Say thank you" I tell him.

"Fank 'ou" he whispers.

"Alright see you in a couple hours" he tells us as we start to leave.