♥06♥ Part of me 2

Comincia dall'inizio

"You must be wondering why Hisui is alive but I am not, right?" 

"I see you in my dream every now and then...just who are you two?" Kasamatsu then looked at Hisui, feeling sorry for her; the owner she had been looking for this whole time doesn't even exist in this world anymore. "I don't know how she ended up here, but something tells me it's your doing." 

"That's right." 

"Why did you do that? Do you have any idea how much she misses you?! How could you send her here all on her own?!" 

Yuki closed his eyes, recalling the past days where reasons lie. "Even though Hisui is a Demon, I sensed no danger from her whatsoever. I fell in love with her the moment I found her, and I took her home. I wanted to change my people's mind about her but everyone was obsessed with exorcising her..." He then went on to explain people used to blame Hisui for the Kingdom's lack of rain and very dry land. Even though Hisui had no control anything, people needed someone to blame and she happened to be that someone. "To add more pain into the story, I became very ill and was about to die. I was afraid what would happen to Hisui..." 

Kasamatsu just stood there and listened to the story as carefully as he could. "Your fortune you predicted for Hisui...was that meant for her and me?" 

"I guess the fortune became true in the very end. She found you and is now safe from harm." Yuki didn't mind that he was now nothing but a spirit; as long as Hisui was safe, he was satisfied with his own ending.  

"You sent her here to keep her safe?" 

"Before I died, I used the last of my strength to send her here. The cost of the magic is my own life." Yuki looked at Hisui with a kind smile; everything he did for her own happiness was worth it in the very end. She was so important to him that he was willing to throw everything away for her. He couldn't be the happiness she wanted in the end, but if he was able to be the path away from a bad end, he's willing to become that very path.

Kasamatsu wasn't sure what to say; here were two people who tried their best to be together only to be separated by the misfortune of being in the wrong place in the wrong time. They were two who couldn't become one, only trying hard to stay together with invisible needles going through them. 

Yuki gently moved Hisui so she was sleeping on the ground instead. The shackles became visible, the chains that bounded him against the old tree was finally releasing him. 

"Where are you going now?" Kasamatsu asked as the shackles were finally free. 

"I'll stay for now. I'm going to stay by her side and see her achieve her own happiness." 

"How come she doesn't remember you?" Kasamatsu asked for Hisui, "She's looking for you." 

"I know she is." 

"Then why?" 

"If she finds out I am really dead, she will be sad. But now that you're here, I know you can keep her happy for me." 

"In other words, you're dumping her to me." Kasamatsu sighed and ran his fingers through his own hair, annoyed that everyone kept making decisions without him having a say. "She is a very annoying cat who knows nothing but irritate me...but I suppose I can keep her with me for the time being." 

"I'm counting on you, Kasamatsu Yukio..." Yuki walked into the barley field and he disappeared without a trace. 

At the same time, Hisui woke up. When she looked at Kasamatsu, she smiled like a happy child, "Yay~! I woke up to see Senpai! How did you get changed so quick?" 

Kasamatsu held a hand out for her to stand up again. Hisui took his hand and she giggled that he no longer have a ponytail. "Your ponytail is gone? How is that possible?"