Chapter 6: Ruins

::DREW::

A very graphic clip of our little kiss by the lakefront appeared in high definition on the widescreen TV. The shot was taken at an angle where you could see all the details including the romantic sunset behind us. Arceus. Harley was going to pay for this, "this" being COMPLETELY RUINING MY LIFE.

"WHAT THE HELL DREW? YOU WERE KISSING HER?" Brianna cried out angrily. Tears were streaming down her carefully moisturized and toned cheeks. She was shaking so hard that the towel she had wrapped over her hair was unraveling.

"HOW COULD YOU?" she screamed.

Shit. This was not good.

"Ummmmmmm…" I stuttered. Shit, shit, shit. What have I gotten myself into? Why'd I sign up for this thing anyways? "That was four years ago…" I said, coming up with the best explanation I could possibly think of at the moment.

Crap. What was wrong with me? I know Brianna will NEVER accept that as an answer. I should've been able to come up with something better. I'm known for spinning out intricate combinations in the heat of a battle but I can't spin out a quick lie to my girlfriend who, let's face it, I don't have feelings for anymore?

Brianna pouted while the make-out scene continued on TV. "You always said you'd NEVER fall for a fan-girl and there you are sucking face with that SLUT!" she cried.

I bit my lip, trying to hold back my fists. Anyone who called May a slut needed to get their face re-arranged but for May's safety and my safety, I held back my balled up fists. "We weren't even dating four years ago," I said as steadily as I could.

She stomped her foot. "Well that's no excuse for going around kissing random SLUTS when your soul-mate, a.k.a. ME was waiting four you!"

I rolled my eyes. I had several objections to that claim but I wanted to keep May safe. I knew Brianna had a very rich dad who had some highly trained bodyguards with highly efficient guns and Brianna was anything but afraid to call them in. Now that I think about it, I think that's the reason why I started dating her. It was that or her continuous stalking got so unbearable that I gave in. Or maybe it was a combination of both.

She gave me her death stare for a moment before turning her attention to the TV where May was hastily saying goodbye to me before running off. Seeing that scene again hurt me a lot. I wanted to reach out and pull her in, keeping her by my side forever and always but for some reason, I didn't. The pain came rushing back to me and once again I bit my lip to stop the tears.

Brianna turned to me while the camera focused back in on Harley in his Wigglytuff suit. I felt a tiny smile curl up on my lips. Seeing Harley in that suit was pretty funny.

At least he's good for something.

"Listen Drewykins," Brianna said, trying to be as serious as possible, "I'll let this one go but PROMISE me I'm the only girl you'll ever be locking lips with again," she said.

"Uhhhhh… sure," I said, though of course, that was a lie.

"And before I turn the camera away from little, adorable me, I have one last super adorable clip to show you!" Harley said happily.

I grabbed the remote before Harley could mess up my life even more and changed the channel.

"So…" I said awkwardly.

I didn't get a chance to continue as Brianna jumped on me and started making out. It felt odd, like I was cheating on May but there was nothing I could really do but go with the flow for now until she simmers down. Maybe then I could break up with her.

Then Brianna came up and stared at me intently. "From now on Drewy-pie, I'm not leaving your side no matter what." Then she went back in for more kissing.