Chapter 15: Time Away

Start from the beginning

"Shhhh sweetheart...it'll be ok." Hunter cooed in my ear as his one hand stroked the back of my head and the other ran up and down my back in a comforting manner.

After a few minutes of allowing myself to be weak, I finally calmed myself down by taking in deep breaths.

"Thank you so much." I whispered my face still laying on his muscular chest. "I'm sorry I soaked your shirt."

His chest vibrated with laughter as he chuckled lightly. "My shirt is the least of my worries right now...wanna tell me why you're so upset?" He asked pulling away slightly so he could look me in the eyes.

Gazing into his warm pools of chocolate brown eyes, I felt like I could trust this guy. As though he truly cared about what I was feeling and not just being nice to get in my pants.

"Guy problems." I mumbled a bit embarrassed to admit I actually let relationship problems be the cause of my breakdown.

"You're too cute...don't be embarrassed." He smiled showing both of his dimples as he shook his head dismissively. "I know it might not be the right timing, but wanna go get some coffee and talk?"

He had no idea that it was the best timing. I needed a distraction, someone to talk to and get my mind off everything.

I didn't want to call Reese and ruin her romantic date with her hubby and I couldn't very well call Chad or Aiden, because more than likely Zac would be there with them.

"I'd love to." I nodded my head in agreement. "Where do you wanna go?"

He thought about it for a moment before he spoke up. "Umm there's a cafe around the corner from the frat house. We could drive over and park at the house and walk to the cafe?" Hunter suggested.

"Ok." I said quietly. "Do you mind driving?"

He looked at me excitedly. "Really? You'd let me drive your car?"

"Sure, why not...wait you do have your license, don't you?" I asked as I thought twice about my offer.

"Wait...you need a license to drive a car?" He asked in mock surprise as he took my hand and walked around to the passenger side, holding the door open for me to get in.

"Shut up!" I said laughing at him as I got into the car. Hunter was making his way around to the driver side when my phone began vibrating...I decided to turn it off as Zac's face popped up on my screen again.

I just wanted to forget about my problems even if it was just for a little while. We made it to the cafe and I excused myself to the bathroom so I could clean up my smudged up face.

Looking in the mirror at my reflection, my eyes were red, swollen and puffy. My mascara didn't run all over like I thought it did...thank god for waterproof. My eyeliner was a bit smudged so I fixed it and headed back out.

Hunter and I stood there looking at the menu board for a few moments trying to decide what to get. He ended up ordering a snickerdoodle coffee.

I decided a nice regular cup of coffee would be good for me...maybe wake my ass up a bit.

When I say wake my ass up, I meant clear my head with all the unnecessary crap so that I could focus on what I really wanted to do next...with Zac.

We got our orders and walked over to an empty table. Hunter sat across from me staring at me like I was made of porcelain, I guess he was afraid to say anything in case it would set me off.

"How's your coffee?" He smiled trying to make small talk.

"It's great...thanks." I answered taking another sip. "Don't look at me like that Hunt, I'm not made of glass." I smirked at him, my lips pressed firmly against my cup.