Chapter 2- An Enemy to Play With

He sat on the floor, legs crossed and eyes closed, a humming sound quietly coming out of his closed lips. All was quiet in the dark room, except for the mild humming that echoed somewhat menacingly off the walls. The whole room seemed to be creeping up behind you, waiting for you to turn your back so it could finally pounce. 

Suddenly, the humming boy opened his eyes wide, his entire face etched with surprise and... Joy? The humming had stopped abruptly and was now replaced by light, airy peals of laughter that instantly lit up the dark room. 

the laughter sounded like hundreds of bells, hundreds of them all ringing at once, it seemed too loud. Too deafening to come from such a small stature. The metal door at the forefront of the room slid open slowly and with a creak. He turned around with a whirl to face his new visitor.

The new man was tall. He had startling turquoise hair that hung around his ears. His eyes were a bright, almost neon, green and were remarkably cat-like. He had a handsome face but his mouth was flat and monotone. 

He look like the very definition of 'unapproachable'.

"I assume you know?" He voice was deep and colourless, so much unlike his younger companion, "I'd like to remind you that befriending would be the wiser path to take given the circumstances." Even though he was only talking to small child, the tone in his voice was anything but condescending.

"Befriending?" The young boy questioned, erupting back into the deafening, bell-like laughter, tears now running down his face, "I've decided I have too many..." He paused, seemingly trying to find the right word, "Friends." Every ounce of the word was dripping with sarcasm.

"Sir?" Confusion flashed in the older man's bright eyes, but only for a moment,

Suddenly the boy looked up, directly into the older's man eyes and smiled, "What I need is an enemy to play with." 

"I'll be sure to arrange a moment then, sir." 

Ok. Ok.

I know it's been longer than a week. But I promise that I'll do it weekly from now on. 

Be sure to comment what you thought and don't forget to vote~

- Eboknee

(zer Scrooge)