3 - 1990

We lay, tangled together on my silk bed sheets, half naked. Sex? No. Heated make-out session? Yes. My head lays on Justin's bare chest and his arm is draped around me and he slowly rubs my back. I feel peaceful as I lie with him and we get to know each other.

"What's your favourite colour?" He asks me and I can't help but laugh at his generic question.

"Pink," I reply, "what's yours?"

"Green," he answers simply.

"What do you're parents do?" I ask him.

"My mum does a lot of charity work and my dad, well er, he's retired now but he used to be Prime Minister," Justin replies and I sense the change of tone in his voice, he seems embarrassed by this. I immediately bolt upright and turn to lie on my stomach to face Justin. As I do this I notice him peer down at my chest but I pretend I didn't.

"What? No way! That's so cool, I can't believe I didn't realise!" I yell slightly causing Justin to blush once again.

"It's okay, no one really recognises me anyway," he says bashfully.

"So are you gonna follow in his footsteps and be our future Prime Minister?" I ask him with a smirk and playfully poke his bicep. Damn that's hard.

"I mean I'd like to but I don't see it happening," Justin replied with a slight frown on his face.

"Well I do, I think you'd be really good," I say causing him to smile brightly. "You look cute when you smile."

"Thanks Delilah," he says and smiles even wider.

"No problem cheekbones," I smirk back at him and move in to kiss him. He slowly responds and kisses me back and I can't help but smile into the kiss.

---

I stood in the small college hall as Justin and his debate team debated. I didn't really understand what they were discussing but tried to seem interested every time Justin made eye contact with me. I could tell he was surprised that I'd come but I thought it would be fun and didn't have anything else to do on a Tuesday night. Most of the people here were boys so I stood by myself and what made it even worse was that I'd had a t-shirt made to support Justin. It was white and said 'GO JUSTIN AND HIS TEAM' in baby pink font and underneath in smaller text I'd written 'sorry I don't know anyone else's name.' This made me feel even more awkward.

After a few more minutes the debate was over and Justin's team had won. I could help but smile as he gave me a wave and throw a wink my way. He made his way over to the other team, congratulating them and shaking their hands. He spent a few minutes talking to his team and then some other people who came to watch, before heading towards me.

"Delilah I can't believe you actually came," Justin said, his baby blues staring into mine.

"Why wouldn't I? I wanted to see my future prime minister doing his thing," I replied, pulling him in for a hug. As we pull back he looks down at my shirt and begins laughing rather loudly causing a few heads to stare.

"Justin stop it! People are watching," I whisper and playfully punch him the arm. I can't help but laugh along with him, his laugh is infectious. "Well done on the win by the way, the debate was very interesting," I lie. It's not strictly a lie, the bits I listened to were interesting, I just zoned out when Justin wasn't talking.

"Thanks, it was pretty close but we had it in the bag by the end," Justin replied.

"Hey we should celebrate your win! Why don't you invite the rest of the team back to mine and we can have a little party? I can ask some of my friends to come as well," I suggest, suddenly excited at the prospect of getting drunk and making out with Justin again.

I see his smile leave and instead is replaced by a frown. "I don't know Delilah, I have class tomorrow morning and the guys don't really drink that much."

"Well I'll make sure you don't drink a lot then! Come on, please Justin? It'll be fun," I whisper the last part as I inch closer to him and I hear his breathing hitch slightly.

"Okay, but just because I get to spend more time with you," he replies and places a kiss on my cheek.