2 - 1990

"Hey cheekbones!" That gets his attention once again. His head perks up and his eyes stare into mine.

"Me?" He asks shyly, looking around to see if I was actually talking to him.

"Yeah you, I don't see any other boys with cheekbones as high as yours," I say with a smirk on my face.

"Oh erm thanks," he replies and a small smile finds its way on his face. God he was stunning.
"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Justin," he replies, "what's yours?"

"Delilah, nice to meet you Justin," I answer and I tap the edge of my cup on his and take a sip of the vodka. He does the same but his face scrunches up.

"Not a fan of vodka?" I ask him.

"Not really but I'll get used to it," he says. We stand in silence for a few seconds and it's suddenly become awkward. I try my best to relax and remain calm.

"So Justin, what are you studying?" I ask, genuinely interested in what he's doing at college.

"Literature, what about you?"

"History," I answer. God history was boring.

"Oh that's cool," he says and yet again we fall silent.

"So er I don't think I've seen you around before, what do you do when you're not in class?"

"Not much really, I read when I can and I'm on the debate team," he replied and I see him blush slightly, clearly embarrassed by that.

"The debate team? That's cool, what do you discuss?" I ask trying to getting more out of him.

"Social issues, things like that," he says, he looks down at his shoes again. God this boy was awkward.

"That's cool, maybe I could come watch you debate sometime?" I suggest and nudge his arm with my elbow. He wobbles slightly but quickly regains his balance.

"I don't think you'd like it, it's kind of boring actually and there aren't many girls who go," Justin replies.

"Well if it's boring why do you do it?" I ask him. I notice him fluster for a second, I guess my question caught him off guard.

"Well I mean I don't think it's boring but most people do," he answers growing more awkward.

"Well I'm gonna come to your next debate and judge that for myself, I'll even make my own T-shirt to support your team," I said causing him to laugh and I do the same.

"God that would be so embarrassing," he says after a few seconds. Suddenly it doesn't feel so awkward and I see Justin relax and so do I.

"Hey, erm Delilah, did you wanna dance? I'm not very good but I figure it's what your meant to do at a party," Justin asks me and I can't help but smile. He's so cute.

"Yeah of course I'll dance with you," I reply and place my drink on a nearby table and Justin does the same. I grab his hand and drag him to the middle of the living room where everyone else is dancing.

It's awkward at first because he doesn't know what to do but eventually Justin seems to loosen up which makes it easier to have fun. After a few songs of just jumping up and down, I feel more confident and move closer to him and wrap my arm around his waist. He looks taken aback at first but quickly relaxes and grabs onto my waist and we carry on dancing, closer this time and I can feel the warmth from his body radiate onto mine.

"Delilah can I tell you something?" Justin yells over the music.

"Yeah of course, what is it?" I ask in response.

"You're really pretty, like really gorgeous and you look great and thanks for talking to me, most people think I'm a nerd or boring," he shouts and I'm slightly surprised by his comments. He's suddenly being so open when I could barely get a word of him half an hour ago.
"Thanks Justin, you're pretty good looking yourself," I reply with a wink causing him to blush once again. By now people have started to leave the party and I want to do the same.
"Hey Justin, do you wanna get out of here?" I ask him and he nods his head in response.