Ch. 8

(I figured I'd publish a cute chapter to make up for missing one yesterday.)

Yuuri watched as his guard let out a dramatic sigh and covered his eyes with one hand while falling onto the couch "Oh, whatever shall I do? I've been plagued with boredom!"

Yuuri appeared above him, leaning over the back of the couch to see him "Then why don't you do something?"

Victor raised his eyebrows "That's literally the problem. There's nothing to do."

Yuuri chuckled "Yeah, the same problem I've had almost everyday for... well... let's just say, a really long time. This is exactly why I sneak out constantly."

Victor laughed softly, a lovely sound.

"Well, I guess I see your side of things now..."

"'your side', since when we're there sides? And follow up if I may" he feigned a sweet smile before glaring at his guard "Shouldn't you be on my side?"

The silver haired man laughed again, and as much as he adored it, he was a little puzzled "You would love to just run wild and do whatever on your own. Your mother wants to keep you here constantly where she knows for sure you're safe."

Yuuri raised an eyebrow "Now you're just restating facts."

The boy rolled his eyes and continued "Well, as far as I can tell, you've been sneaking away without a guard- which really defeats the purpose of one. So, my thinking is that I go with you when you sneak out. That way it's a win for both parties, you're safe and you're free."

He blinked a few times, he hadn't actually expected a well thought out answer like the one he had received.

"Well..."

"Well?"

"It's just... I don't want you to think of me differently when you find out what I do."

This made the silver haired boy sit up and look at him concernedly "What do you do?"

He realized how the must have sounded and put his hands up defensively "I don't do anything bad or illegal! It's just... I don't know... you'd probably think it's stupid."

Victor gently took his face in his hands and gave him a kind reassuring smile "I'd never think anything you did was stupid. Plus you seem to really care about it."

Yuuri sighed, his gaze flickering away "I normally hang out with the orphan kids in the little town, the one I stole that pig from. Not even Phichit knows about it, so you can't tell anyone," He met Victor's eyes again "They're like family and they're very important to me."

He waited a few hopeful moments for Victor's response before he decided to let that hope disappear "Look, I know it's dumb... and I probably should have-"

"Yuuri, that's the absolute best."

The ravenette looked back at him in surprise "It is?"

"Of course! You're literally helping orphaned kids. That's like the good person go to thing to do."

Yuuri furrowed his brows "I'm not trying to be a good person, I just really love them."

Victor laughed and dropped his hands from the boy's face "You're special, you know that? And in a good way too. You're a beautiful person both inside and out." He paused thoughtfully before giving him a dazzling grin "I just want you to know that I think you're going to be a wonderful king one day."

He couldn't help but smile softly at this.

"Thank you."

Royal Pain // Victuuri AuOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara