CHAPTER XV- And So We Are

Hermione

Crackles of the dancing flame pulled Hermione out of her dreaming state. Comfortable warmth soothed her skin that rested against a warm body. Sudden realization of who she was with and where she spent the night gave her an awakening rush of adrenaline. As she pulled herself up onto her elbow she studied Draco's sleeping face. Blonde strands of hair tickled his closed eyelids while he slept. Feeling a gentle chill she blushed when she looked down. She had forgotten about their heated moment and had been exposed down to her intimates. Peeking from between a couple of cushions was her blouse above Draco's head. Carefully, she extended her arm over him to grasp her clothing. Her fingers stretched as far as they could but it was just beyond her reach. Leaning as far as she could she managed to curl her fingers into the fabric to pull when she heard a muffled sound.

"Hmmrning."

Her eyes shot downward as she caught Draco's gaze peering over her breast.

"Oh!", she shot up and blushed, "I was just-"

Draco laughed. "I can't say I have ever woken up like that. I'm not complaining", he winked flirtatiously.

"I didn't realize I had leaned so far to obstruct your breathing. I was only trying to reach my blouse." She gestured just passed him.

"What time do you think it is?", Draco handed her her emerald top.

"I can't be too sure there are no windows in here. I would imagine it is very early in the morning. I need to get back to the dormitory before anyone sees."

"Why the rush?"

"I very much would like to stay, but, I can't run into anyone dressed like this."

Draco curled the corner of his mouth and moved toward her. His kiss met her cheek as it trailed to her neck.

"Well, we couldn't have that now, could we?", he breathed into her skin.

His fingers pulled through her tresses as his lips pressed into her neck. The heat of his breath ensnared Hermione's senses into a trance.

"Please Draco, will you let me put on my shirt?", she chuckled softly.

"Never", he grinned pinning her by her wrist into the pillows.

Excited giggles escaped her lips as he tickled her with his kisses all the while playfully restraining her. Laughter fluttered between them as they rolled through the cushions and poufs. Hermione's heart swelled with spirited joy and this encompassing feeling so unusual. Everything was right in the world. As their chest heaved from the exhaustion of laughter, Draco dropped on his back next to her. Their gazes met as he wrapped his fingers in her clutch and brought her hand to his lips.

"Care for another go?", he smiled.

"I say, you do wear me out."

"Oh, I would quite like to wear you out in other ways", he winked in response.

"Likely, I'm sure", she teased.

Draco's responses had a keen sense of seriousness always masked by impishly humorous tones. Hermione began to fully appreciate his brand of charm and wit. His hand pressed tentatively to her bare stomach pulling her out of her lost admiration for him.

"Stay with me."

The subtle seriousness in his whisper pulled Hermione off-guard. There had been a slight detection of pleading and vulnerability hidden beneath his grey eyes. How curious it was for everything that she experienced with him could possibly lead up to sharing one of the most intimate nights of her life with none other than a Malfoy. Attraction is blind and unbiased. If she could have helped it, she would have never have fallen for him. Hmm.. Did she really catch herself thinking that?