Chapter Seven: Confessions

As Robert and I strolled through the school parking lot, a riot of girls came surging towards us and swallowed Robert, shoving me onto the dirty asphalt plastered with smashed gum. I staggered off the ground and blew the hair out of my face, arching a brow at Robert who exited the crowd with faded lipstick stained on his face. He heaved a dreamy sigh and smiled into outer space while I dragged into the high school where he was jumped by girls again.

"Didn't know that the school musical would make me a bit popular with the ladies." Robert did his trade mark smirk.

"A bit?" I questioned, annoyed. There was this unfamiliar feeling erupting in the pit of my stomach and was trying to claw out of my throat to choke that smug smile off of Robert's face. "Guess I didn't miss much from the school musical, huh?"

"Yeah, but you should've came." Robert pegged. "I was there."

"Probably getting mugged by girls." I snorted. "Shouldn't jocks be popular? Not dramatics."

"Yeah, but actors are more famous." Robert elbowed me in the ribs before pausing when he saw that the frown had crawled onto my face again just like the day that I failed the audition.

I stormed away from Robert; a part of me was glad that he didn't follow me and another part was a bit glum that he didn't bother chasing me off. As I passed by the janitor's closet, I heard a disturbing moan. Feeling concerned, I leaned my head against the door to listen to what was going on. I was about to ask if anybody was hurt inside until another moan interrupted me.

"Please," A female's voice said before moaning loudly again. "Please go faster, babe. Faster."

"Uh huh." A familiar voice said. My heart dropped like an anchor sprawling down from my throat. A gasp escaped my trembling lips, but I quickly covered it, gulping down my cries. It couldn't be him, could it? I could've been imagining things because of my slight anger with Robert, right? "You'd like that wouldn't you? Want it harder too?"

"Yeah," the perky voice said. "Does your girlfriend do this to you? Does she pleasure you like I do, babe?"

"Nah," Logan said. "But this is just a friends with benefits thing. She's still my girlfriend."

"You know," the female's voice had a seductive tone to it. "You could dump her and be with me and this wouldn't just be a one time thing. You could get this everyday."

"I'll think about it."

I pulled away from the door, feeling the tears brimming my eyes. Robert was right; I should've dumped Logan. My legs quivered as they carried me up the staircase to bring me to my first period class. I entered the classroom just in time before the bell rang; Emmaly stared at me from across the room but I looked away from her concerning stares.

"Hey," Robert tapped me from behind. "What's wrong?"

I ignored him and just buried my head in my arms but Robert kept poking me and just wouldn't stop shooting me questions. I bit my lower lip to bite back any cusses that I wanted to just yell out in the classroom at the moment. Then I heard shuffling next to me. I lifted my head up from my damp sleeves to look at Robert in the vacant seat next to me. His brown eyes lulled me over to him and I lifted my arms to give him a hug before I remembered we were in class so I just brought my fingers to his palm and started tracing things on it. I continued doing that for the rest of class knowing that he was staring at me the whole time, still concerned.

The next to periods of class were hell and I couldn't have let myself ache even more for fourth period since it was my free period with Emmaly and Robert. During Spanish class, Logan was next to me sending me his signature smirks and rubbing his hand on my knee and trailing up my thy but I kept smacking it away. But apparently, that wasn't a big enough of a hint for him. He kept inviting his hand back to my thy running his fingers up and down as if that was supposed to turn me on. Well it doesn't anymore.