Chapter Two: A Day with Downey

The next day; After risking permission from my parents, I went over to Robert's house after school finished. Turns out, he doesn't live that far away from me. His house was exactly across the street. But I wasn't willing to expose that information to him yet. Once dismissal came, I immediately left the school with Robert. I wasn't risking anything else like being questioned about why I was hanging out with another guy after school by Emmaly, Angela, Logan, or whatever. If there's one thing you should know about being the girlfriend of a football jock, is that you'll have a controlling - yet, sweet - boyfriend.

Now, Robert and I were in his bedroom. It was pretty cool: There were movie posters plastered on every fragment of the walls and the floor was carpeted with blue fur, there was a rare trampoline bed that was littered with comic books and candy wrappers, a slightly wrinkled baseball-glove chair, a flat-screen TV that sat on top of a glass cabinet filled with many, different movies, and other really cool stuff with some gadgets and gizmos scattered everywhere on the floor or furniture. But, you could obviously tell that Robert was a film geek. A messy, disorganized, lazy film geek.

"Cool room." I said, dazed and feeling lost, out of place.

"Thanks," Robert said. "It is my room, after all. I would've tidy up a bit if I'd known you were coming over immediately, though."

I collapsed to the floor and let my knees prop my body up, sturdily, so that I could identify his cabinet that was crammed with many different movie titles peeking out of the glass. We had decided to watch a movie since Robert's dad would come home an hour later from now, and time seemed to be our slow opponent at the moment of now. My eyes scanned the entire movie wardrobe and it had settled for a horror movie; The horror movie when I was around 11 or 12 years old. 

"Wanna watch Carrie?" I plucked a DVD case that felt light-weighted and filed a creepy aura around itself radiating the creepiness onto my arm, making my hand shake vibrantly. Robert noticed this and smirked.

"You scared of a horror movie?" He teased, making fists and pretending to wash tears pouring out of his eyes like a little baby crying.

"Try me," I dared.

Robert snickered and snatched the DVD case out of my hands, inserting it into the DVD player. He dimmed the lights and he sat on the trampoline bed, patting the spot next to him reassuringly. I climbed onto the bouncy bed and he wrapped us in thick, cozy blankets with warm pillows to rest on. The film started and I was ready to rip off Robert's arm if a jump-scare came on. Thank goodness, he has two arms; I might need a spare one to dig my nails into.

-

"It's not that scary," I said.

Robert tilted his head back and hit it against the wall, annoyed. I giggled and submersed into the comfort of the blankets again and snuggled more into Robert's chest. He was so unbelievably warm, I wouldn't be surprised if he was secretly a werewolf. His arm was draped over my shoulder, pulling me into his lukewarm body. My arms were enveloped around Robert's abdomen and I inhaled the fading scent of his cologne, smiling to myself stupidly.

Yeah, halfway through the movie, I got scared out of my skin and Robert just comforted me with his warmth, making me feel safer. To be honest, I could've survived past the rest of the movie but I wanted to stay in Robert's arms so I just stayed and breathed in the faint scent of his cologne every now and then. Every time I glanced up at him, I managed to find him staring back sometimes with his brown, lusty eyes that would just lure you into a trap. It'd make me look away, blushing embarrassed when he realized I was staring at him. Or maybe he should be the one embarrassed since I always find him staring at me. But technically, this was considered as cuddling, right? Logan and I never did this; this as in cuddle.