Chapter Five: Forgotten Anniversary

These past five months - It's late February now - I've grown really attached to Robert; not clingy, but we've gotten really close. Not to mention, Logan has gotten more overprotective whenever I was around, but he'd also have this really guilty look smeared across his face.

Evan seemed satisfied that Logan didn't seem to be affiliated with me so much, and he seemed to put that day behind us. Emmaly was cool with Robert and I hanging around each other a lot and would sometimes make jokes about us, being together. Sometimes, we three would have a sleepover at my house but my Dad would complain since there'd been too many feathers leaking out of the pillows from our intense pillow fights. But Robert and I alone, we'd have slumber parties at his house once a week. Or sometimes we'd just hang out, 'cause his house was across the street, so it didn't really matter.

Angela had also seemed distant and barely came to school now and then. She'd accidentally expose bruises every now and then and whenever people asked, she'd just call them battle scars and say that she won a street fight, but Emmaly and I could see through her lies. If she ever was at school, instead of anticipating the dismissal at the end of the day, she'd hate it and try to sneak into afterschool as if she was scared of going home. Her car was taken away from her too apparently.

Stuffed in my bag, was Logan's gift for our one year anniversary. It was a football autographed by John Elway. I know that it's his favorite quarterback player in the world and since he has a history of letting footballs go wild in the neighbor's backyards, his mom recently put a ban on buying anymore of them because it's a waste of money to get a new football every month. He's been football ridden for three months and still without any news from his neighbors about accepting his apology and giving back his collection of footballs, so I might as well make life easier for him and give him this.

After passing by my locker during dismissal, I darted to Logan's car in the school parking lot. A smile befalled on my lips as I approached him confidently with the football in my backpack. He smirked, extending his arms towards me for a hug. I leapt into his arms and dug my face into his chest, smelling an unfamiliar cologne; I was so use to Robert's smell, that I've forgotten how Logan has smelled like.

"Hey babe," I pecked Logan on the lips.

"Hey," He responded. "What's up?"

I frowned, but it quickly faded away, realizing the dumb game he must have been playing. "I got you something."

"You did?" He smirked.

"Yeah," I nodded and released my arms from his chest, and pulled out the football from my bag. Logan's blue eyes widened and he choked on his own breath. I guess he wasn't expecting this as his aniversary present.

"What's the occasion?" He asked, shocked and really happy.

The happy aura that surrounded me immediately fell. "Are you kidding me?"

Logan became puzzled,"What?"

"It's our one year anniversary, you jerk!" I stormed off and threw the football at the rim of his car, setting off the alarm.

Logan chased after me, but I got inside of Emmaly's car and locked him out. Thankfully, she let me borrow it while being on a one-week cruise with her family. He kept pounding on the windows apologetically, but I twisted my car keys in the ignition and drove off, barely giving a damn about running over his feet and crossing the speed limit. My car surpassed a random direction that definitely wasn't home's way, but I sped off anyway. Tears were welling up in the cliffs of my eyes and I stopped in the middle of a vacant road, sobbing loudly at the convenience of Logan forgetting our one year anniversary which was supposed to be jolly and important. After I was certain that I've exceeded my limit of tears, I took in my reflection with the car mirrors. Mascara and eyeliner were stained on my face, strands of my hair were bouncing out of the ponytail that I put it in, my lips were quavering because of my chattering teeth, and my face was powdered with pink signaling that I've been crying.