The River

Cierra's POV

We left the hotel and headed for the river. We needed to start looking for clues and the river is where the first murder happened, about three months ago.

I could have sworn we were being followed but Emma told me that there was nothing to worry about. Emma started the fire while I collected sticks and leaves to throw in.

We sat on a log and talked about our lives and about what we were going to do. "So how did you change your hair so fast?" Emma asked me as she pulled at some of it lightly. "It was the first thing I did when I lost you" I laughed. *Crack*

"Who's there?" asked Emma. There was an answer.... I didn't quite hear it. I was too focused on the man that walked into view. Jimmy Casket.

He walked up to us swinging his knife like he was practicing. "What do you want Casket" Emma hissed. "HmMm...... HoW aBout yoUr LiFe?" Jimmy said before kicking at the fire. Ashes sprung up at Emma and I. Hot coals burned my eyes and I was left blinded for a bit. I heard a scream.

"Move" someone yelled. Too late. I felt Jimmy crash into me. We fell into the river and the current grabbed us. I could see again once my eyes were washed out. I swam to the surface and gasped for breath. I choked on the water and got pulled back under.

I swam up again and tried to look around. Casket was right in front of me swimming for his life. I spotted the looming fall ahead. "W-wateeeer Fall" I yelled as I crashed down the long fall.

I felt rocks slam into my sides and I let out a gasp of pain. Water filled my lungs and I felt my consciousness start to escape. I felt someone wrap their arms around me before I lost the battle and fell limp.

Sorry that this chapter is a bit short......im gonna try to make a longer one next time, try.

Also if you have an Idea that you want for this story I could try to do it for you,.... Try