The day it all began

"Hey," Noah said.

"Hi," I replied. I had no idea why the cutest guy at our school wanted to talk to me.

"We need another man for 3 on 3. Do you want to play?" He asked.

"Sure", I said I had 2 more hours until I could go home because I would be locked out. This way I could get something out of this.

Cool, he said as I followed him into the gym.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Why can't we play with a girl's ball?" I whined.

"Because there are more guys than girls." He said matter of factly.

"Well, duh. I am the only girl." We were about to start the game. The teams were Noah's friends; Jackson, Mason, and Aiden on one and me, Noah, and Gray on the other. My team started with the ball. I brought it down the court surveying my options, I passed it to Noah made a cut across and popped out at the wing. I got a pass from Gray and took the wide open three. Luckily, practice had paid off and the shot swished.

"Nice shot," Noah said impressed.

"Thanks" I replied, happy with myself. We played about an hour longer. The score ended up being 30 to 20. I scored twelve which is good for being the shortest by like 6 inches.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

"Can I walk you home," Noah asked.

"Sure?" I said trying to keep my cool. We walked out of the building.

"Stop walking so fast; I can't keep up," I yelled.

"You're just a short stack of pancakes that can't keep up." He said slowing down. I too slowed down to a normal walking pace. We walked in silence for awhile until the klutzy part of me had to trip.

"Are you Ok?" he asked concerned.

"Ya, I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. My house is right over there my mom can help you get cleaned up." He said looking at my bloody knees.

"Ok," I said wincing. We walked the short distance to his house, and he opened his front door.

"MOM, I'M HOME, AND I NEED YOUR HELP," he yelled. A beautiful woman came down the stairs. When she saw me her eyes lit up.

"Hi! Who is this?" She asked Noah.

"My friend, Riley." He replied. she smiled then looked at my knees.

"Oh, honey, let's get you to the bathroom to get you cleaned up." She said sweetly as she led me to the bathroom, Noah followed.