GENTLY

He gently walked over to my side of the bed  discussing the events for tomorrow. He carried on a full conversation while putting his pajamas on and placing his towel back in the bathroom. After realizing that I hadn't responded to any of he ideas that he previously discussed with our group of friends he kneeled next to my side of the bed to find that I was out cold. He knew that I was worn out from all of our eventful day on the beach. I knew I would be extra tired because I was four months pregnant and would get tired easier; but he didn't expect me to be knocked out cold like I was. He wasn't mad though, he thought it was the cutest thing in the world. Me in pajama shorts with a sports bra on splayed out on the bed with my  beautiful baby bump on display. When he took his position on the bed I changed positions in my sleep letting him wrap his arms around my little frame. Putting both his hands on my stomach he gently and carefully rubbed his thumbs over it. He lovingly placed a kiss on my neck and cheek, whispering how much he loved me into my ear while I slept in peace. I started to stir out of my sleep when I heard threw my sleep him whispering in my ear. I carefully turned around shifting my position so we were face to face. I placed my right hand on his cheek rubbing with my thumb over the little stubble. I was incredibly happy that after all of the years of torment and fighting for my life I finally was at peace. He gently took my hands and kisses my wrists where the faint scars painted my skin. He then kisses up my arms to the more deeper scars. He was there when I thought that I shouldn't be alive anymore. This man laying in front of me was there when my world was crashing down. He saved my life more times than I could count. We didn't need to say anything. We both knew we were in love. He finally made his way to my partly swollen lips from the Sun and kisses them. Passionatly but gently. We parted and I told him I loved him and he said the same. He carefully shifted down the bed so that he was eye level with my growing stomach. He kisses it gently and told the baby he loved him/her and that he couldn't wait until he could hold him/her in his arms.  Then the said that until then holding me would have to be enough. I giggled at the sight of my new husband talking with his unborn child. He made his way back up the bed to face me. He told me how beautiful I was and how I looked sexy in my bathing suit. I laughed and told him that we needed to get sleep for the next day. He agreed and wrapped his arms back around me when I turned around. He burried his face in my neck giving gental kisses and that was how I fell asleep, knowing that I was completely safe and that nothing could hurt me or our baby. I finally fell asleep gently.