Ch. 11 - Mackenzie

"Time to get shopping!!" Nicole sings out loud.

"You have a really good voice" I say.

"Awh, thanks baby" she replies.

"OK! Where should we go first? Topshop?"

"Yeah, OK" I say hesistantly.

"Don't worry Mackenzie, I'm a fashion genius. I know exactly what I'm doing."

True enough, she does know what she's doing. We go into 10 different stores shopping, shopping and more shopping.

"I thought you'd already gotten all your clothes for the party" I say to Nicole, looking at the amount of shopping bags she's carrying.

We had branched off to shop solo and had just joined back together after half an hour.

"They're not for me, silly!" she laughs, "They're for you"

"For me?" I ask, "But, I already got my outfit.."

I am holding one shopping bag full of the outfit that I have picked out to wear.

"I know" she says.

"Then what's in them?" I ask gesturing to the six shopping bags she's carrying.

"Oh just stuff" she shrugs.

"What stuff?" I press.

"Assessories, make-up, jewellery, shoes, clothes etc." she says.

"But I already have all those stuff!" I argue.

"Every little helps!" Nicole says lightly.

I open a bag, reach inside and pull out the reciept.

"$700?!" I screech.

"That's just the first bag" she says.

"And this is all for me?" I ask.

"Yep"

"But you paid for all this stuff. That's too much" I say, "I'll give you the money..."

Nicole puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Fine, lets say its an early birthday present" she winks.

"Ok then.." I say.

"Are you hungry? I could kill for some Starbucks right now..." Nicole puts her arm through mine and together we march towards Starbucks.

***

I have decided on my oufit for Johnny's party tomorrow. I have picked out a sequin black dress for the dressy look and my Adidas superstars for the casual look. I sigh and smile as I go through the events of the day in my head.

Ping! My phone recieves a text.
It's from Nicole.

Had so much fun today. Hope we can hang out like that again x

Me too x.

Do you want to come over to my house tomorrow to get ready for the party with me and the girls?

Sure!!

And we can have a sleepover after!

Sounds good! Xx

Cool. I'll send you the address
Till then x