Part 2. Jane

The room was covered in pastel blue paint with pictures of colorful geometry art to accompany it. The windows were draped in white curtains with green lanterns strung over the top. Though the strangest of all were the two doors on each side of the room.
Of course, the answer to where he was lied right under Eret's nose. Quite literally too. It wasn't until he rested his hand down did he notice the puffy teal comforter of the bed. It didn't have much. Just a set of matching pillows at the head of the bed.

That's when he noticed the white owl statue resting on the bedside table, next to a phone charger and a salmon colored lamp.

An owl. So he peered into the inside of his jacket to find that he had remembered to put on his bronze owl pin. Something that was passed down from his family for generations.

Though, suddenly something tore Eret from his thoughts. A girl with choppy but curly electric blue hair came bursting in. She looked utterly exhausted. She let her huge grey and black backpack slung over her shoulder, slide off her arm to the cream colored carpet. She threw herself on the bed, paying no attention to Eret. Was THIS his familiar?

She let out a groan, burring her head in the covers. She looked up groggily, with strands of blue hanging down in her face.
Hazel eyes and olive skin.

'She must be Italian or something.' He thought, taking out his journal. After scribbling a few words down in it, he shoved the book back in his bag.

The familiar blankly starred at the door until she heard a loud screech, coming from one of the side rooms. Her face immediately lit up. She gave a little giggle before walking into the other room. "Yeah, Skullcrusher. I'm home, buddy." She said.

Skullcrusher? His dragon?
Eret followed her into the room, only to find her opening a lovey cage.

"C'mon, it's okay. Just me."
He walked up beside the girl, peering over her shoulder. Perched on her finger was a grey parrot. She stroked its head and it stayed perfectly still.

"Skullcrusher" it screeched. "Skullcrusher"

"Yup, that's you buddy."

Did she name her bird after Eret's dragon?

Suddenly the parrot looked right at him and squawked loud enough to make one's ears bleed.

"SKULLCRUSHER!" The girl scolded. "That hurt!" She shook her head, putting the bird back in its cage, all the while, her pet continued its screeches. "Crazy bird." And she walked out to the kitchen.
The kitchen looked like it was straight out of Italy and was probably only big enough for one person to be in it. Somehow, a refrigerator, dishwasher, sink and stove, including a microwave, were fitted all to snugly in there.

The girl swung the pantry door open, scanning the shelves for something to eat. When she found nothing that she desired to eat, she tried the freezer where she found a mini pizza. Once she threw the food in the toaster oven, setting it to cook for 20 minutes, she traveled back to her room.

Meanwhile, Eret was aimlessly following the teen around, debating wether or not the FSOD made a mistake. Was this really her? She didn't seem to need a...familiar.

----------------

The girl glared out of the corner of her eye over at her bedroom door. The bird continued its screams and screeches. It was annoying both, Eret and his familiar on a drastic level.

While ignoring the sounds with all her might, she ate her pizza while looking out the window.

Was this really his familiar? She was so quiet and calm. Nothing like he expected her to be like. She definitely was different from the other teenaged girls. No tube tops or short shorts or a face full of make-up. No phone addiction or gossip. Just a tired, teen girl eating a "pizza for one", alone and silently.

When she finished dinner, she tossed out her paper plate and headed back to her room. After pulling out her iPhone, putting a pair of headphones on and shoving the jack into the phone, music began to play. It was so loud that Eret could hear it from across the room.

"After the war I went back to New York. A-After the war I went back to New York. I finished up my studies and I practiced law. I practiced law, Burr worked next-door."

And he smiled. "She listens to Hamilton too?" He thought. "Guess I'm not the only one who likes theater."