Part 1. Eret

"Big day, huh?" Hiccup said, rolling up his sleeves.

Eret pulled his leather jacket on, making sure it was comfortable before answering. "Yes, I suppose it is."

But Hiccup saw nervousness written all over his roommate's face. He put a hand on Eret's shoulder. "Hey, don't worry. You got this."

In an attempt to hide his fear, he put on a cocky smile and gave his famous catch phrase. "Of course I do. I'm Eret Son of Eret, the greatest dragon trapper alive."

This earned a playful punch in the arm from Hiccup. "Shut up, you. We all know you're not as 'self-confident' as you think you are."

Eret rolled his eyes as he finished making the bed in his dorm. He looked in the mirror. He had changed so much since...everything. The FSOD had changed him. He had lost a lot of weight, he got his tattoo removed and his hair was cut short. In fact, he was almost unrecognizable if someone saw him on the streets. He had to be though. He couldn't someone running up to him, asking for a picture or something. No, he had a job to do. This is what he was made to do. To be part of the FSOD. The Familiar Society of Dreamworks.

____________

He stood up straight as Dean paced, making eye-contact with each dragon rider. "This is what you've been training for, for three years." He said, glancing at Astrid. "You're ready for this. Now let's just go over a few things first. Then I promise we'll send you on your way to meet your familiar."

'My familiar?' Eret thought. 'They've chosen someone who's just like me, to watch over and guide?' Though it didn't take long for him to start worrying again. 'What if they don't like me? What if they see me?'

"...your job is to lead these people. Not stalk them. They're all very similar to you....they also all love you already." He took out a piece of paper and began to read it. "Rules are simple. Do NOT let your familiar see you. Write down ANYTHING worth noting. Bathrooms are off limits for obvious reasons, while certain rooms may be inaccessible temporarily at times." Dean looked up from the paper and smiling, before folding it up. "I know all of you will do well. And remember, this is something each and every Character at the FSOD must do. Be the guardian of their biggest admirer." He nodded, still with that smile. "Now have you got your Journal?"

The group replied with "Check" in perfect unison.

"Good." Dean's grin grew wider. He clapped Hiccup on the shoulder. "That means we're done here." He looked down the row of characters. "It's time for your work to begin."

That's the last thing he remembered before Eret found himself...somewhere.