Tears

~*~*~

It's been months since Abe came into the loop. And I kinda got use to him being around. Today, Miss Peregrine said she have an announcement later, after lunch. The food for lunch is almost done.

I know because it only takes thirty minutes or less for them to cook the lunch. Since Olive is downstairs, the food is easily cooked since she's a Pyromancer.

The kids were playing in the backyard. Fiona is growing plants in the garden. Hugh is helping Emma with Millard to bring back the baby squirrel. And I am here in my room playing with my homunculi, I made new ones this morning with Olive but I didn't use them yet.

Right after a homunculi won, a faint knock is heard on the door. "Enoch, it's me Olive, lunch is ready Miss Peregrine sent me to get you." Olive said. I didn't even notice her open the door because if how quiet she is. "Okay, come on." I said mentioning for her to go before me.

After we went downstairs, everyone is already there. We sat down, I sat beside Horace and Olive beside the twins, who are next to me. "Alright everyone, eat up and enjoy your meal." Miss Peregrine said. We started eating.

"Hugh!" Olive complained as Hugh opened his mouth, making the bees fly out. After wearing his net, he started eating too. Claire ate the fastest, because of her back mouth and probably also because she's excited for the announcement later.

The Lunch for today is Stew and I can make sure how cold the atmosphere is, this will stay hot. Because it's Olive's fire that cooked this stew.

After I finished my stew, I saw Olive helping in washing the dishes. Instead of getting up, put the bowl in the sink and go to my room, what I did was different. I got up, put the bowl in the sink and helped Olive with the dishes.

I didn't know why I did that, but, I did what I felt was right. When Olive saw what I was about to do, she stopped me. "No Enoch, I can do it on my own. You don't have to help me." She said with a smile and pleading eyes. "No, I want to help." I said. "Since you're a Pyromancer, I wash you dry the bowl, spoons and forks." I added. And I guess my voice is commanding, she didn't refuse this time.

"Is Enoch gonna help us all the time now?" I heard Claire ask Fiona. I answered the question for Fiona, "Not really, so, don't get used to it Claire." Then I heard Abe said, "Obviously." By the way, I haven't heard him talk anytime today. "Whatever." I grumbled at him. Finally, they left us alone.

We worked silently, and Olive seemed a little awkward by the closeness of our bodies.

After I finished washing all of the bowl, plates, spoons and forks. Since she still have to dry a few plates, I stayed there and wait for her.

Once she was done, I said, "Come on, they're probably waiting for us." I put my hands on my pocket. When we entered the living room, everyone is waiting for us.

"Sorry Miss Peregrine, we washed the dishes." Olive apologized sweetly with a smile. "It's alright Olive." Miss Peregrine replied and smiled to her too. "Anyways, everyone please sit." Miss P said again, but now she's not smiling. Olive and I sat down.
"So, the announcement is actually not for me to tell," she looked at Abe and added, "Abe would you like to tell them something."

Abe began to look nervous, be he stood up. "Uh, guys, I'm leaving the loop." Everyone, except me, stared at him shocked. Seeing their reaction, Abe explained.
"Since my peculiarity is seeing the hollows, why can't I go to the war and hunt them down?" After he said that, Bronwyn and Claire cried and hugged him. The twins hugged him too.

Everyone had tears in their eyes and is flowing in their cheeks. Everyone except Miss Peregrine, Abe and of course, me. Just then, Miss P looked on her pocket watch, "Children, Abe has to go already." Then, their sobs became louder. Especially Emma's.

After the tears flowing, Abe went to get his things and bid everyone good bye. After hearing goodbyes, Emma was sent to lead him to the entrance of the loop. Well, more like she begged.

After that, everything changed in everyone. Olive didn't go to my room after the announcement. I didn't bother, I know she's close to Abe. That thought made my chest feel tight.

That's weird. I never felt the emotion before.

I thought. After that, it's dinner, then movie time and then reset. And it was already bedtime. Before I even got in my room, I heard muffled sobs coming from Olive's room.

I peeked inside, but only to see Olive laying down on her bed, crying. I immediately feel worried for her, well, that's what I think I feel.

I softly knocked on the door. Olive looked up, wiped her tears and sit up properly. When I entered the room I said to Olive, "It's bedtime, you should sleep now." She still seemed distracted by her sadness a little. So I smiled a little at her and said, "Go to sleep. You'll feel better in the morning." Olive nodded and lay down. She fell asleep easily afterwards.

I smiled slightly and walked towards the door. When I looked back, I saw a tear fell from her eyes. Then, I whispered softly, "Good Night Olive." I closed the door as silent as I could, and walk to my room. I fell asleep easily too, cause of being tired for the day's work.

~*~*~

"Whenever you cry,
When tears fell from
your eyes,
Just Remember,
You got my shoulder
To cry on."

~Katherine

~*~*~