The Lunch Date

I texted my dad telling him that we'll meet up with him around 12. I had set my alarm the night before to go off at 9 a.m. so I can have time to clean up from the party and get myself ready. When my alarm went off, I had trudged downstairs put in my music and started cleaning up. After just over an hour, Anna and Brittany made their way downstairs.

"Well good morning sleepyheads. Glad to see you guys decided to wake up before noon." I said picking up red solo cups and putting them in the trash bag.

"Well I would have if your music wasn't so loud. " Brittany said sitting down at the table resting her head. I laughed and continued to clean.

"Awe babe, is someone hungover?" Anna asked trying to hold in her laughter. She handed her girlfriend some aspirin and a glass of water then sat next to her.

"Are you going to go with me and my mom out with my dad?" I asked Brittany pausing my music. He head shot up off the table.

"What? Your dad? When did you meet your dad?" She asked with a tone that said she wasn't really pleased.

"Last night. He came by and we sat down and they explained everything. So we're going out to lunch later today to discuss how we're going to make my living arrangements work." I sat across from her at the table.

She tensed up a bit. "Um living arrangements? What do you mean by living arrangements?" She asked.

"Ian and I agreed that we would share custody of Danielle and we're going to talk it out more at lunch today." Anna explained. I looked back at Brittany and she didn't seem so happy about the situation.

"Can you give your mother and I a minute to talk in private, Danielle?" She asked in the scariest tone I've ever heard come out of her mouth. I didn't even hesitate. I made my way to the staircase and all the way to the top where I sat on the top step to listen.

"Custody? Living arrangements?! Are you really serious about this? He didn't stay with you when you had Danielle, so what makes you think that he's going to stay this time?!" Brittany yelled.

"We both left when Danielle was born! It's not like she's going to go and live with him forever! All we're going to do is talk about her going to stay with him every once and a while. Why are you getting so upset over this, babe?" Anna asked trying to work with Brittany.

"I'm not getting upset over this." Britt defended. I knew Anna gave Brittany her signature 'I dare you to lie again' look. I laughed quietly to myself.

"I just thought that, you and I would be Danielle's only parents. I didn't think that Ian would come back and we wouldn't have to deal with this or not until later. I don't want to share our daughter with anyone else because then I'll just become the stepmom. I don't want to be the just Danielle's stepmom." Brittany said softly

"Awe babe, you'll never be just her stepmom. She loves you way too much to ever just think of you as a stepmom." My mom reassured her. I wanted to so badly run down and engulf both my moms in a giant bear hug. I didn't want them to know that I was listening.

When it got quiet I knew that they were making out on the counter. I quickly ran up the last few steps and to my room. I wanted to wear something nice today because I was going to be with my father. I was texting him and we agreed to meet up at Olive Garden at noon for lunch. He told me that he was going to bring his girlfriend because she's over at his house a lot.

It was just after 11 and I was already running late. I quickly jumped in the shower but didn't wash my hair seeing as that I was running late.

Once I got out, I didn't at all bother with my hair. I left it like it was, naturally wavy and curly. I put on my usual amount of makeup and a simple but cute black skater skirt with a blue button down collared shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I threw on my favorite pair of white convers to complete my outfit. I looked at the time, it was 11:43. I put my wallet and phone in my purse then went and knocked on my mom's door.