Chapter 2 - Notes and Chemistry

Chapter 2
----------------
"Now we are going to do a chemistry experiment like what Ethan and (Y/N) are doing in the back row." Mr Dane explained.

Wait did he just mention Ethan and I? We both snap out of it and turn around to the whole class looking at us; the boys laughing hysterically at us and the girls giving me death stares. And yes I mean the your-dead-to-me kind of look. Why? Its because when I said that Ethan is the hottest guy in school, I really meant it. He's single and all the girls are trying to get in with him, some because he's cute and some to use his fame from his band, In Stereo. I just put my head on the table, face down.

"Hey, you alright? I didn't mean to embarrass you, (Y/N). The class has turned around now, they aren't looking at us anymore." Ethan whispered. I lifted my head off the table to see Mr Dane explaining what we are meant to do with the bunsen burners.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I say quietly. Ethan looks worried. I just ignore him and try to pay attention to the teacher.

As soon as Mr Dane finishes his explaination on the science experiment, everyone gets out of their chairs to grab the supplies needed. I try to leave my chair but Ethan leaves first so I just let him do everything.

He comes back a few minutes later with a bunsen burner, two lab goggles, tweezers and a magnesium strip. I put the goggles on as he sets up the bunsen burner and attaches it to the gas tap and turns it on. I realised that he forget to get a match to start up the fire (typical Ethan) so I get out of my seat.

As I walk up to the front to get the matchbox, a girl shoves me out of the way.
"Hey! Do you mind?" I say.
"Yes I do." She says and gives me a b*tch face.
That was Kelly, one of the "popular girls". Well she wasn't really popular, she just has two thousand fake followers on her instagram and only posts bikini photos even though she isn't even at the beach just to get the girls talking about her and the guys staring at her. I don't know how the guys can't tell that her ass in all her posts are photoshopped.

I take a matchbox and take it back to mine and Ethan's bench.
"What was that about?" He asks.
"What was what?" I ask, avoiding the question.
"Why did Kelly shove you?" He asks with a worried face.
"Why don't you ask her, I'm sure she wouldn't mind spending time with you." I say.
Ethan stops replying and just watches me as I light up the bunsen burner. I change the thing on it so it goes from a bright yellow flame to a vibrant blue flame.

"I'm sorry (Y/N), did I do something wrong?" Ethan whimpers.
"No it's fine, it doesn't matter." I respond without giving him eye contact. I could feel him staring at me.

I look into the blue flames dancing on top of the bunsen burner and reach for the tweezers and accidentally - touching Ethan's hand. I straight away look over and let go, feeling my face go bright red as Ethan smiles at me.
"Can't resist me aye?" He cheekily smiles and winks.
I don't know if it is possible to go more red than my face is right now but I just can't stop blushing.

I let Ethan use the tweezers to pick up the magnesium strip and hover it near the tip of the flame, causing it to give flashes of white until its worn down.
"Wow. That was so pretty." I said in amazement. I wasn't actually expecting it to end up like that.
"Just like you." Ethan says to me with a smile. I smile back at him. Why does Ethan keep flirting with me today? He's never usually like this.
But I like it.
-----------------
As Ethan volunteers to put the tools away as we had finished our experiment, I get out my phone and text Jasmine.

(Y/N): Jasmine!!
Jasmine: Yeah?
(Y/N): Ethan sat next 2 me in chemistry @ his own will!!!!
Jasmine: OMG REALLY??
(Y/N): AND WE DID AN EXPERIMENT TOGETHER AND HE CALLED ME PRETTY
Jasmine: OMG HES FLIRTING W/ U!!!
(Y/N): AHH IKR
Jasmine: Tell me the deets later x
(Y/N): Ok x

"Are you talking about me?"
I turn around and realise Ethan is right behind me and he was looking over my shoulder, reading my texts with Jasmine. Why am I having so many embarrassing moments today? I switch my screen off so he can't read any more.

"Why won't you let me see?" He asks with a sad face.
"Because..."
"Because what?" He says, trying to get it out of me.
"I don't want you to see!" I say.
"Okay." Ethan says. He stopped caring about my phone so I lay it on my desk.

"Haha gotcha!" Ethan says as he quickly steals my iPhone.
"Ethan give it back!" I plead.
Ethan is taller than me which makes it hard enough but then he extends his arms so I am definitely not able to reach it.
"Give it back Ethan!" I say as I try to untangle his hands off my phone.

He stops and stands still. I do the same.
"Do you realise what you're doing right now?" Ethan says with a smirk.
"Yeah, I'm trying to get my phone back that you stole from me!" I laugh.
"You're holding onto my hands." He says.

I look where my hands are and he was right. I quickly let go and take my phone off him and sit down to avoid any more awkward contact with him. Ethan starts rubbing my back.
"It's okay." He whispers. He stops rubbing my back and sits down next to me. Thankfully, no one else saw the situation I was just in and were too busy packing away their experiments.

Once everyone settles down, we start copying the notes off the board. I heard Ethan rip a piece of paper. What the heck is he doing? I look back at the board, copying more notes until I see Ethan's hand infront of me, letting go of a piece of paper, the size of a 20c coin except in square form. I look at him, and he has already gotten up out of his chair to ask if he can go to the bathroom. I look back and unfold the note.

It reads:
Meet me outside the back gate when school finishes? Xx
- Ethan