"Stop as soon as it becomes too much for him" he said before she could finish her sentence, "Of course I will." He was mad that she even felt the need to tell him that.

"Yes, I wasn't assuming you wouldn't I just wanted to tell you that he might not be ready even if he thinks he is and actually wants it. It could take years."

He nodded. "Yeah I know. Is there anything else?"

"No that's all thank you. See you next week?"

"Actually I also have something I want to talk to you about."

"Yeah, what is it?"

Now it was him who hesitated. "I... I thought maybe Yevgeny can live with us. But I wanted to ask you before."

She looked at him, smiling. "I think that's a good idea."

"Yeah?"

She nodded, "Yes."

"Okay... then... until next week" he answered as he got up and left the small room.

"Took you long enough" Mickey said and put his phone in his pocket. It was only a short look at him but Ian didn't miss the insecurity in his eyes as Mickey asked, "I'm fucking hungry let's grab some food on the way back." He avoided Ian's gaze and pushed himself towards the exit. Ian quickly went with him and grabbed the handles of the wheelchair.

Mickey probably knew exactly why Dr. Newman had called him into her office and he for sure didn't like it.

"Thanks" Mickey murmured quietly and Ian gave him his gloves out of the little pocket at the back of his seat.

They got into the car again and Mickey motioned at the snack bar at the L stop they were passing suggesting it as a place to eat but he had a better idea.

"Where are we going? South Side is the opposite way!", Mickey protested as Ian turned left.

"I know but you said you're hungry and so am I."

"So?"

"So we're getting something to eat."

"Jesus fucking Christ" Mickey responded and gave up. He probably knew that Ian wouldn't tell him were they were going and he was right. He had just gotten the idea and wasn't sure if Mickey would agree if he knew.

About ten minutes later Ian stopped the car and parked it in front of a small but decent looking restaurant.

"The fuck" Mickey said but Ian just pushed him inside, ignoring his protests.

"Hey", a smiling waitress greeted them, "Please follow me." She lead them to a table at the window and quickly removed one of the chairs so Mickey could sit there.

"My name is Cara and I'm your waitress for today. Would you like to order anything to drink already?"

Mickey sent him a death glare but Ian just smiled at him and the waitress and answered, "Yeah, water for me please."

She nodded and turned to Mickey, "And for you?"
"The same."

"Okay, here are your menus. I'll be right back with your drinks." She disappeared into the kitchen and Ian looked around. He had seen this place before. It was almost downtown and he had passed it a couple times but he had never been inside before. The room wasn't big but very cozy with walls painted in a light grey, little armchairs with cushions on them instead of usual chairs, small lamps all over the place which spread warm light. It wasn't super busy but not empty either but fortunately they had the corner they were sitting in pretty much all for themselves.