"The hell does that mean?! What about the tests you were going to do?" Iggy interrupted her impatiently.

"It's hard to say because we still have to run some tests when he's conscious but he will probably not be able to move his legs. We have to check if he can still feel impulses below his waist but he's not going to be able to walk again."

She paused to let the information sink in and Lip saw how Mandy closed her eyes and heard how Iggy breathed in heavily and he felt his hands getting cold. What would he tell Ian? How would he tell him?

"I know this is a shock to you but on the other hand there was a big chance that he wouldn't survive. He's a fighter."

Mandy laughed bitterly. "Yeah, we know he's a fighter. He's been fighting for his whole fucking life."

Dr. White looked at them, obviously hesitating. "What?" Lip asked.

"The report I got from prison says that his father did that to him and I also saw a lot of different scars on his body. Am I right by assuming that those come from his father as well?" She said, moving uncomfortably in her chair.

"Probably." Mandy answered, "But he also got shot twice and in several other fights, why?"

"Are there any children under eighteen in your household?" The doctor asked, "If that's the case I need to inform child protective services."

Iggy snorted. "No, it's a little late for that by now, plus our dad has been locked up like half of our childhood."

Lip saw something that could be pity in the doctor's eyes. "South Side." He explained. She nodded.

--

"Can we see him now?" Mandy asked, blinking her tears away.

"I have to explain a few things to you." Dr. White answered. "Considering his condition and recovery."

Mandy sighed. She didn't want to hear it. Didn't want the doctor to list all the things he wouldn't be able to do but she had to listen. Had to make sure not to miss anything so she could help her brother. Although she felt like she couldn't help at all.

"Mr. Milkovich will have to spend at least four months in the hospital in order to make sure that his spine injury heals properly." Dr. White said and then corrected herself: "I mean in order to make sure there won't be more damage to his spine." Mandy closed her eyes. Four fucking months?

"During his time here he will receive physical therapy. Our tests say that fortunately he won't have problems regarding his ability to empty his bladder and his intestine, so we don't have to discuss that. Also he is probably going to be able to have sexual intercourse in the future because the paralysis is only in his legs."

God, she didn't want to have to know if Mickey was still gonna be able to piss or have sex. She knew that he would die because he would feel so ashamed if he could hear the doctor right know. She hadn't even thought about this kind of things but apparently she should be thankful that he would still be able to do this private stuff on his own.

"Do you have any questions so far?" Dr. White asked and all three of them answered "No."

"Okay, so I'm going to inform you about the requirements regarding his home. You will have to make sure that he can reach all the places needed, meaning a bed, a bathroom and kitchen. Does he live in a house or apartment?"

"House." Iggy answered after he shared a short look with his sister.

"Does it have more than one story?"

"No." Iggy said again.

"Well, if there's any stairs... for example if the house has a porch..." "It does." Iggy interrupted.