Chapter 4: The Curly Haired Minded Fellow

Abby's POV

My phone alarm was going off, and it was only 730 in the morning. Before I went to take a shower, I decided to get the coffee pot going and check my phone. I didn't have any missed calls nor messages, but I did receive an email. My phone wouldn't let me open it, so I'll just wait until breakfast. The sound of thunder made me more awake than I already was. I grabbed my clothes and a towel. 

I felt better from that shower. Last night, I wasn't feeling too well, and I threw up a couple times over night, but other than that, I feel better now. I didn't want to use Lucille's laptop without her permission, but I really wanted to know what the adoption agency sent me. Maybe it's about Victor. Or my flat. Or the paperwork. So while I waited, I poured coffee in a cup, put creamer and sugar in it, and started drinking it. My phone buzzed twice. Weird. Who would be up this early. I thought to myself. I had a message from my friend, Drew Russell. A guy I had been talking too lately. Nothing exciting going on with us, we're just friends. The message had said: 

Drew Russell: Abby. I stopped by your flat last night, but after a few knocks, I noticed you weren't there. I'm guessing your crazy neighbors drove you crazy, huh? Anyways, I found something of yours. Let me know when you're good to meet. Bye. x. 

He sent an 'x'. Classic Drew. I must've left my laptop at his house because last month, I was over there to go over some medical terms with him, and what he needed to know. And since then, I haven't been able to find my laptop. It has everything on it. My life basically. I looked up from my phone, and saw Lucille making herself some coffee. "Morning Abby." She quickly looked at me, went back to putting the fixings in her cup, and bam, she was looking back at me. "Uh Abby." "Yes?" "What's going on? You have a smile on your face. Is the adoption agency letting you take Victor home today?" Damn. Lucille doesn't know much about Drew, nor does she know I stayed the night at his house last month. "How do I put it like this. Well, you remember the guy I met almost 8 months ago?" "Hmm, Drake? Darrell? What was his name? It started with a-" "Drew." I cut her off and said his name. "Oh yeah! Drew. Yeah... him. What did he do?" "He texted me this morning saying he went by my flat last night, but noticed I wasn't there after a few knocks. He wants to give me back something, and I'm pretty sure it's my laptop." I took another sip from my cup, and Lucille just stood there with a shocked expression on her face. "Abby. You know what this could mean!?" "What?" "I'm not gonna say it. Too soon to tell." Tell what!? Ok, this is freaking me out. I finished my cup of coffee, got up and put the cup in the sink. I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my coat, and said "I'm heading to the hospital. I'll come by later to get the rest of my things." 

Benedict's POV

There was still no message from Lucille. Was the text I sent last night a little too much? Eh, I just need to focus more on the fliming of 'The Empty Hearse'. I picked up the towel that was on the ground, and ruffled it on my hair, hoping it dries a little bit. Today, I was going to read what's new on the internet and have a cup of black coffee at home, instead of rushing to work. I told Martin last night i'm walking to work instead of getting a cab. I need some time to think after yesterday's encounter with Lucille. I got a few emails, but they were spam. As I finished my coffee, my phone beeped. Yes, it beeped instead of buzzing. I decided to turn the sound on for once. Lucille texted back: 

Lucille: Hello Benedict. I'm actually free tomorrow, soo, is that ok for you? And just wondering, did Martin give you my number? 

She must've spoke to Martin last night or this morning. Or she could just be guessing since they are good friends. I didn't reply back because I had to get going if I was going to make it too work on time. It was cloudly, but it wasn't raining. For once. I headed left, because thats the direction work was. As I was walking, every man and woman were drinking something in a to-go cup, eating a pastry. After a few blocks of walking, I was getting thirsty. So I walked into a cafe shop, and it was crowded. I almost walked out when I saw Lucille coming from the back, putting an apron on. Hmm, maybe I could chat up for a bit...once this line is smaller. Grabbing a water bottle from a cooling shelf, I rummaged through my pocket for some money, and luckily, I had the correct amount.