Chapter 16

"Say what you need to say,
then say a little more.
Say too much. Show too much.
Love too much.
Everything is temporary but love,
Love outlives us all"

●●●

"I'm going to tickle you until you say you love me"

"No!" Jojo squealed simply to laugh more as Nicole gently tickled her sides while I set in a movie before heading to the kitchen to get the popcorn.

I moved next to Jojo and placed my arm over the couch and soon felt Nicole's head leaning back against it as she gave me a small smile.

I simply focused on the screen as Jojo settled between us, I wasn't sure why she came over to me. She was most likely staying with Seth at this point so she needed to be leaving soon. Yes Brie had mentioned her staying over at her mom's but she was here in Florida.

"Yes I called them. They can't be here but our boss has arranged for him to fly home as soon as he can"

"Okay, that's good" I heard a door closing and felt a tightening feeling on my hand. I glanced to my side and saw Nicole.

"How did you..." I barely got out, she smiled and poured me some water before helping me sit up.

"Never Alone, did you think I would let you leave the hotel without getting in with you? I'm annoyed because you didn't call me." She narrowed her eyes as I slowly sipped the water.

"You were sharing with John" I simply said not being able to really process my thoughts as I laid back.

"I don't get what your point is. You were alone and in pain. You broke the rules, Superman"

I chuckled, "I don't think the stipulations of our Never Alone pact are that serious"

"Yet donuts never stay away?" She smiled tracing her fingers over my forehead.

"Donuts is the pact bond" I shrugged, she giggled and rested her head on the bed.