Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Like fucking shit I was goin' home with this psycho bitch.

Not that I had much of a choice, considering I still couldn't move, couldn't speak, and Alaric was still laying in bed like everything was fine and fucking dandy and our house hadn't just been invaded by the most unpredictable creature in the universe up to date.

It didn't matter, because Viviana slowly leaned in and wrapped her arms around me. Icy coldness wrapped around me from all angles and I only managed a gasp as suddenly we went from sitting on the bed in my room, in my house, in Hell, and through some spiraling vortex of terror that pitched my stomach forward and threatened to send my kung-pao chicken right back up through my gullet.

My head spun, my heart pounded so hard, I was almost sure it was going to shatter my breastbone. Sitting on my bed one second and in the next, I was landing on my hands and knees on a cold marble floor. I panted hard, trying to settle my stomach as I stared down at the reflective black surface, frowning slowly at the bright and sparklies in the reflection. I sat back slowly, tilting my head back and staring up at a huge chandelier.

It looked like a thousand crystal swords had been lashed together with blindingly bright white lights. I blinked against the brightness, then looked around at the room I was in. Some kind of huge foyer that looked like it belonged in a mansion, or a castle. A pair of staircases curved up off the main floor and up to a balcony that jutted out from the second story of the building. Everything was stylish and modern, from the paneled walls made with a warm combo of black and brown, to the tables and the banisters of the staircase.

The only classical thing in the room was a huge grand piano at the top of the balcony had was shut and locked with a padlock.

Yeah, I had never seen this place before in my entire life. I didn't even recognize what realm we were in, let alone the damn house, mansion, castle thing. And even though the foyer was empty, I could sense people all over the place. Rooms crowded with people, some lingering outside, some off in the distance, and one directly behind me.

I spun around, landing in an awkward crab walk, looking up to see Viviana standing there.

Holy shit, she was tall. She had to be as tall as me. And I forced myself up to my feet slowly, finding out that she was indeed as tall as I was. And even more beautiful in the light. She looked like some kind of gothic queen in that red lace dress and her matching lipstick, her fingernails painted sparkly black, and this sexy coy smile.

"Where the fuck am I?" I demanded, relieved I could talk again. Viviana just smiled warmly, putting her hands together just under her chin in a sort of prayer pose.

"Allow me to introduce myself... My name is Viviana."

"I kinda figured that out, what with the whole evil getup," I added, gesturing to her. Viviana kept smiling, like I amused her. She took a step toward me, and I found much to my chagrin, I couldn't move as she walked around me, and my skin crawled as she ran a hand across the breadth of my shoulders, then ran down my arm, bringing with it that icy cold chill she had earlier when she'd cupped my cheek.

"I just like the color red. It's so beautiful. The color of passion. Of love. Sex. Beauty."

"Yeah, I guess." At least I could still talk.

"Anyway," Viviana continued, coming to stand in front of me and unfortunately standing way too close, and there was no way I could move away from her, "Welcome to my humble abode."

Humble abode? Yeah. And Trump's New York penthouse was actually just a trailer.

"There are eight hundred and twenty six bedrooms," she said, making me quirk an eyebrow, "Twenty kitchens. Eight hundred and eighty bathrooms. Twelve lounge rooms. Twenty game rooms. Two libraries. Three courtyards. Four wings."