Chapter 3

Ah, the joys of owning a possessed doll. Naturally, people would be freaked out by the thought, but you feel absolutely blessed. Seriously, this kid is like an angel sent from heaven.

It was the middle of the day, and one of your friends was coming over to visit. She was a religious freak and she didn't really know about your new friend.

I really hope she doesn't freak the hell out.. You sighed. Glen was out in the living room playing with some art tools you had laying around. He seemed to like the idea of drawing so you let him expore it for himself. You glanced at him from the recliner you were in, worried.

Your phone buzzed in your hand, a message from your friend. Not surprising.

The message read: "Hey! I'll be there in a bit! Hope it's not too messy! I'm bringing my boyfriend fyi :) hope we don't bug you."

You mentally facepalmed. Her boyfriend? Ew. He didn't know the first thing about Glen, how would they even react. You decided to tell her now rather than to have her call someone for him to be shipped away or something crazy.

"Hey, listen. I uhm...I got someone kind of different here. Please be open to him."

"Ohhh! Did you finally find love interest?" Are you serious? Well, you did love him. He was your kid, you were obviously supposed to.

"No, he's more of a...You'll see."

You decided to leave it at that as you put your phone on hibernate.

"Hey Glen, sweetie, I'm having a friend and her boyfriend coming over. She kind of invited him herself." You sighed audibly. You looked at him for a reaction.

He looked a little confused, but smiled. "I'm sure they're nice people, Mommy!" Ah. Such a good kid.

***

About twenty minutes later you heard a knock on your door.

"That must be them. Listen Glen, they don't understand this kind of stuff. They will probably be startled. Okay?"

"Okay Mom," he did a little salute.

You strode over to the door and with a deep breath, opened it. Your friend was standing there excited, and hugged you tightly.

"Hey there you! It's been forever!"

You chuckled, "It's only been a couple of weeks Amanda, calm down," you smiled at her as you invited her in.

She looked around immediately, "So where's the guy you were talking about?" She wiggles her eyebrows a bit. Her boyfriend was silent, he seemed very uncomfortable.

"Well erm.. Promise you won't call the police..?" God damn, sounded like you were hiding a body. That was not your intention.

"What? Holy heck! Did you do something illegal?"

"No, of course not! He's just...different." With that, you led them to your living room, where your friend loudly gasped and looked afraid to see a doll moving and drawing.

"Hi Mommy's friends!" Glen waved, he was excited.

"This is some kind of weird joke right? It's not funny." Amanda's boyfriend, Jackson, said. He put his hands in his pockets and glanced away.

"No, no. Guys, listen. I decided to adopt Glen after hearing he was..well, 'possessed.' I'm not pulling your leg, he's real." You walk over to him and pick him up. He holds onto you and smiles at the guests again. You felt a twinge of pain for him, they were being so rude.

"Listen, Jackson, I've known this girl for her entire life. I think I'd know if she'd be lying." She walked over to Glen and peered at him, he blushed from being so close to her. You immediately felt a twinge of jealousy. I shouldn't be jealous...he's probably cute to her too, but he's my kid. I showed him affection first.