Shuya's eyes were dark and serious as he released me, "Keep a level head."

Nodding slowly, I backed away from the ice wall. My hands felt like they were on fire as I looked at them, taking in the bright red color. Ahead of me, Shuya pressed his hand against the ice.

For a second, everything was utterly silent as Maaya watched on, her claws pressed against Chiyo's neck. Then, I was thrown back as the water around us formed a small wall identical to the ice one behind me. My eyes widened seconds before I collided with the ground.

      "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh curse that bastard..." I groaned, my hip and head throbbing. The cave floor was not something you would want to land on.

      However, I heard someone else suck in a sharp breath. Forcing myself to stand, I saw Shuya leaning against the ice. Sweat glistened on his forehead as he panted.

      "...Shuya?" I muttered, running towards him, "Are you...okay?"

      "Yeah...yes. Come closer...she can't hear this." He mumbled, his eyes closed as his chest heaved, "Hurry Shiro."

      I bent down, and Shuya opened his eyes. I froze as I saw they were not the blue they usually were--

      "I'll explain another time. Just...listen to me, okay? Those summons...they won't kill Chiyo. They can't kill her."

      "Shuya--" he shook his head, closing his eyes as he grabbed the collar of my shirt.

      "Be quiet Shiro. Forget about Chiyo...you need to destroy this wall," Shuya whispered, "I cleared the water...so you could melt it."

      "How do you know it will work though?" I glanced at Maaya who now was staring at us through narrowed slits.

"I don't," he breathed, "But I know that if we don't try...everything we've worked for will be for nothing."

I nodded, slowly standing. I snuck a look at Chiyo, who seemed on the verge of passing out. My back straightened out as I met Maaya's suspicious gaze.

I held her gaze as I pumped chakra into the ground. The ice shimmered beautifully as I stared at the summon floating on the other side. A moment later, I'd found what I'd been looking for.

Taking a deep breath, I drew upon the familiar surge buried inside me...

"Shuya! Move!" I shouted, just as the ground erupted. Eyes widening, he barely managed to get out of the way. Seconds after he'd moved, a wave of molten lava collided with the wall of ice.

"Oh..." I heard Maaya gasp, her eyes widening as the wall turned to liquid. A small smile graced my features as I clenched my fists.

"Shiro..." Shuya warned, "Hold your breath."

And with that, the water he'd been holding back rushed towards me. I dove toward Maaya and Chiyo, holding my breath as I realized I wouldn't be escaping this. The two waves smashed together, throwing me around like a ragdoll.

I saw Chiyo push away from Maaya. Her silver hair swished around her as she swam toward me. As soon as she was close enough, I grabbed her hand. A moment later, she'd been thrown into my chest by the force of the waves. A furious heat infected my cheeks as I felt her hands wrap around my waist.

      She looked up, her bubble still in tact. I must have been a little purple because she immediately began forming hand signs. The second she finished, I could breathe, "Thank you..."

      Chiyo nodded, glancing at Maaya who'd managed to get back onto the cave floor, "Now what?"

      "Well...I can't use my weapons...or fire." I shoved down the rising feeling of helplessness.