Chapter one

Chapter one

Lucas and Maya walked hand in had down the hall with everybody swooning over them. Girls wanted to be in her position right now.

"Lucas, do you ever wonder if these people have anything better to do than just stare at us?"

He shrugs. "I don't know, I kind of like the attention"He smiled and Maya scoffed.

They both walked to Mr. Clay's class. Sitting down, Maya got out her notebook and her black sparkly pencil.

"Alright so lets pick up of where we left off yesterday. Polynomial patterns"Mr. Clay sighed while everybody groaned except Maya. She loved to learn.

"So, somebody tell me the equation for this one"Mr. Clay asked. It was silent and Maya slowly raised her hand.

"N to the second power plus 1"

"Correct"

Maya smiled while tucking her hair behind her ear. After a couple of more problems, the bell rung.

Lucas and Maya went there separate ways. Art was her next class and it was her favorite. She sat down at her station and got her paint ready.

"Today class, I want you to paint something that expresses you. Something that screams."Mrs. Kossal said while slowly walking around the room.

Maya thought to herself a bit and grabbed the black paint. She soon got to work grabbing different shades of black and some grey paint.

"Alright class. Times up, hmmm Maya! How about you share with us first"Ms. Kossal smiled and Maya tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Um ok-"Maya was about to say but the bell cut her off. Ms. Kossal motioned for her to come here and dismissed the others.

She walked over to Maya's painting taking a grasp. "A dark figure flying. How does this express you?"

The blonde shrugged while rubbing her hands through her hair. "I don't know. Something just told me to do it"

"Why does it express you?"

"I don't know. But I'm pretty sure one days I'll finds out"Maya replied while they both staring at it.

Maya got home sighing while she walked in on Shawn and Katy arguing. She walked in her little sisters Macy room.

"Macy?"Maya asked while she heard crying. She got on her knees peaking under the bed as she saw Macy holding her ears.

"When are they gonna stop?"Macy asked while crawling from under the bed. She cuddled up onto Maya.

"Until somebody gets hurt"Maya replied and Macy looked up.

"Hurt? I don't want nobody to get hurt"She frowned. Maya started to gently run her hands threw Macy's hair.

"That's life"

Dinner rolled by and Maya took Macy to Johnny Rockets. Bumping into someone, Maya dropped her change in her hand on the ground.

"Oh I'm sorry"She heard a voice apologize and she looked up. The brunette smiled.

"Next time, watch where your going"Maya replied and picked up her change and walked away with Macy.

They sat down at a booth and Macy played on her tablet. "Hey Maya, do you ever consider making friends?"She asked.

Maya sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't need friends Macy, friends are just somebody to hang around until they betray you"

"Are you still stuck on this Missy chick?"Macy asked and Maya smiled.

"Missy who?"

Macy busted out laughing while slapping her knee. "Knee slapper. Your funny you know"

Maya smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. They brought there food to them. Macy immediately began eating the fries and Maya chuckled.

"Slow down little one, your gonna get hiccups"

She shrugged and Maya took a bite out of her burger. They finished there food and loaded back up in Maya's car.

"Disney land!"She exclaimed.

"We are in New York, not Cali Macy"Maya smiled and made sure they both were buckled up. She drove off.

"I wonder if sharks can eat ice cream? Do you very wonder that?"She asked. She was hyped up on the high-c she had recently drunk, 2 of them.

"If you don't calm down the monsters are gonna get you"Maya joked and she stayed quiet while staring at her through the mirror.

"Why would you even say something like that?"Macy spoke while looking hurt.

"I'm just kidding kid. Take a joke"

"Make some friends"She replied. Maya arrived and parked at the deck. She and Macy hurried and walked in with any harm done to them.

Maya grabbed her key out unlocking the door.

"Maya hart!"Mr. Clay yelled while tapping her desk. Maya instantly snapped out of her gaze and he continued teaching.

Maya tapped my finger against the desk while he went on. Last night was rough, her mom went flying out the door. She haven't seen her since last night.

"Ms. Hart! Pay attention"Mr. Clay snapped and Maya sighed while shaking it off. Lucas touched her shoulder and she turned around.

"Are you okay?"He asked and Maya nodded giving him confrontation that she was fine.

Lucas and Maya began to talk while Mr. Clay wrote the assignment on the board. Soon the door swung open and the same brunette from Johnny Rockets appeared.

May turned around giving her a glare. She turned back to Lucas seeing that he couldn't keep her eyes off her.

"I'm Riley Matthews"