Chapter Two

I sit in my room and listen. Not to music; I'm not in the mood. Definitely not my thoughts! I'm trying to ignore those so I don't end up killing myself... though that would probably be for the better, I'd rather not. I'm trying to listen to the others talk.

"He hasn't acted like this since Depression started hurting to Thomas badly and continued to get worse," Dad says, surprisingly worried. "They were best friends. Anxiety was just sad because he thought Depression would be gone soon," Logic replies.

That's what they think happened? I'm surprised they even noticed.

"Dad, we gotta go. Thomas hangs out with... Joe," I yell coming out of my room after I got the memo. "Firstly, I know. Secondly, his name is Jon," Dad laughs.

When Thomas goes to see people he already knows, Dad and I go down. With new people, it's usually the whole gang.

I pop out of Thomas' head and jump on his back. I have to stress him in some way, but I'm too tired to say anything to the meaning of like or any what-ifs to him. "Hi, Anxiety. Guess you heard about me hanging out with Jon," Thomas giggles. "We sure did, son," Dad answers.

I start to fall asleep when someone (most likely Dad) start to take me off of Thomas' back. "What are you doing?" I demand from Dad. "I'm going to carry you so Thomas doesn't have to look so weird in public. Now come here, kid," Dad explains.

Any other time I wouldn't let him, but I'm too tired to care. I stayed up much later than usual last night. "M'kay," I reply going into Dad's arms.

I like having Dad around because he's so much like an actual Dad. I close my eyes and curl into him. I don't fall asleep so I won't have a nightmare.

Dad teleports back into Thomas' mind. "Well that was qu-... why are you holding Anxiety?" Logic asks Dad. "He's tired, but I'm not sure why," Dad says. "I assume he's not getting enough rest, but why wouldn't he," Logic responds.

Dad sets me on the couch and then I think he kisses Logic's cheek. "I worried about him, Logan. He's the only one that calls me Dad instead of Morality. What if I'm his father figure and I'm letting him down?" Dad fearfully exclaims. "Hun, just calm down. One of us can check on him at night and if he's still awake, we can have him go to sleep," Logic replies.

"Yeah, you're right," Dad replies. I open my eyes, knowing I'm close to actually falling asleep. I sit up and start to walk to the bathroom.

I clean off my make-up and go back to sit on the couch. "Dad, can you and Logic go with Thomas to see Jon? I think I'm going to stay here and sleep," I say to them.

"I don't see why not," Dad replies and I go to my room. I lay on my bed and start to fall asleep when I hear a Disney movie in Princey's room.

I think it's... Aladdin. One of Thomas' favorite. I take a breath and knock on the door. Prince opens up and I smirk. "Hey, pretty boy. I was wondering if I could watch Aladdin... with... uh... you," I say, slowly feeling more awkward and embarrassed.

"...nevermind, I'm just going to go back to my room to take a nap," I whimper and walk away. "Okay, I hope you're doing well," Prince tells me. I salute and continue walking.

I get my room which is just across the hall. I lay down on my bed and fall asleep.

"Hey, there freak," Depression growls, barging into my room. "Go away," I demand, honestly terrified. "No way. We're going to play," Depression says before backhanding me.

I hiss in pain before getting kicked in the stomach. "And you thought someone cared about you! You're such a fucking idiot," he says, kicking me over and over.

"Stop! Please just stop..." I beg.

"Anxiety, why were you yelling stop? Are you okay?" Prince asks sitting beside me. "Stop freaking out, it was just a nightmare Princey," I lie.

"Are you sure," Prince asks. "...no," I say as I start to cry and shake my head.