Chapter Seven: The Ugly Truth

Finn awoke in the bed to find Bayley snuggled against him. He was flattered as she snored peacefully. I guess she was actually happy and was comfortable with him. This instantly brightened his day. He didn't want last night to just be her way of apologizing. He wanted it to actually mean something. Finn slowly slid out of bed and put a pair of boxers on. It was cute to see Bayley reaching out for Finn's body wondering where he went. But she went back to sleep. Finn walked over to the bathroom and did his daily hygiene routine. He got out of the shower and quietly grabbed a pair of clothes carefully trying not to disturb Bayley's slumber.
Finn started to cook breakfast and the wonderful scent of the bacon woke Bayley. 

"That smells good," she thought. "Better get up shouldn't I?"

She turned around the corner to see Finn dancing lightly around as he finished a second omelet. He was humming an old carol his parents taught him as a kid. Finn seemed happy. Bayley snuck up behind him planting a hug around his waist.

"Morning Finn."

"Morning to you too."

Finn started to whistle the same carol as he put the food onto the plates. She let go and followed Finn to the dining table. Placing the plates across from each other, he pulled the chair out for Bayley as she sat down. He rolled up his sleeves and began to eat. 

"So...How you feeling?" Bayley asked.

"Honestly...I think I'm ready to get back into the ring."

Bayley jumped in excitement to hear that. Finn was ready to fight. 

"And I also intend on returning tonight."

They continued to eat breakfast.

"I gotta hand it to you. You sure know how to make an omelet."

"Well, It comes with practice, and an elegant taste of seasoning."

Bayley finished and placed her plate in the sink. She left the room as Finn finished the last few bites. The outside door opened and closed and he got curious. He rinsed the two plates and placed them into the dishwasher. Finn turned around and jumped to see a cheerful Bayley holding her hands behind her back. 

"Thank you for giving me a second chance Finn. I got you this."

She revealed what was behind her hands and it was a wrapped box. 

"Oh Bayley. You didn't have to get me anything," Finn gratefully said.

He took the box and began to unwrap it.

"Wow! How did you know?!" Finn sarcastically said as he looked at all the lego sculptures he had displayed around the house. "Thanks sweetheart."

He hugged her and moved on to pack his ring gear into his suitcase.

* * *

Later in the day, they arrived at the arena. Bayley left Finn to get changed and as she did, Finn quickly ran to retrieve something he picked up secretly along the way. A bouquet of roses. He held them behind his back as he skipped towards her locker room. He was cut off by a man.

"Hello Finn."

"Do I know you?" he asked.

"I think you do."

Finn's eyes opened wider.

"You're that guy at the prison!"

The man chuckled. 

"Yep. That was me. What's behind your back?"

Finn blushed as he revealed the roses.

"I was just off to give these to Bayley."