Ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ①①

Start from the beginning

An on and off light startles his vision and he turns his head outside the window again, a smile creeping on his face as he reads the signal.

'What's the plan?'

Zayn is quick to flip his necklace again, figure still relaxing, and if any guard is to walk on him or even take a glance inside the room, he'll probably think that he's just playing absentmindedly with his necklace. It's a small game he and Niall used to play when they were young, learned how to transfer the letters into signs and communicating afterwards when they grew up. He doubts anyone inside the castle could interpret it since it's in German, but he still fears that possibility too, so he asks Niall if he's being followed, if there's anyone in view.

A quick 'No' flashes in front of his eyes and Zayn bits his bottom lip in thought. For the moment, he remembers that Niall would be followed, getting inside a cell of his own even if Louis could prove that he's the one that rode with him to the village that night, and he finds himself needing the help of people inside the castle too. For the time being, he needs a good plan, something to occur before the sun completely rises, before Harry decides to kill him. He knows now the reason that Harry decided to do so in the morning. He is going to make a scene with Zayn being the center of it. Another sigh escapes his mouth as he sends Niall his reply.

'Keep hiding in the woods'

🌟

"I don't think we did the right thing"

Elma's eyes are wide, standing among the other girls, each with a mind of their own.

"I know what he did was wrong, but ... He's Zayn. He's our Zayn" Her voice breaks and she sits between them. "He's always got our back, even before this whole thing happened, even when Tiana wasn't involved. He doesn't do something without a reason and he ... It wasn't right but he did it for us! For our country! For our friends and families!"

"It's no use now" Hylda speaks up, "He's accused of treason. Harry wouldn't let him go. They'd behead him in the morning, first thing"

"No" Giselle stands, looking at each of them, "He's our Zayn. We know him better than that. He didn't break when he was taken away, he must've something in his head"

"But how do we know?" Alyson asks, "He's being locked in the tower, we can't even have an access to him"

"We can though" Elma objects, "Seeing our queen for the last time, we can request that"

"No" Giselle shakes her head, "They believe now that no one in at the queen's side, let's use that for our advantage. Get Zayn the information he wants for his plan"

"Do you realize we have less than a day?" Hylda asks.

"True, but we can't stay here and watch him die" Giselle answers.

"Niall's note" Elma whispers, "Before Niall disappears he left a note" They all turn to her, "It's an old poem about the sun and the moon, 'The reflect in day and night' ... That's how Niall's communicating with him"

"Knowing Zayn he wouldn't trust us now, and chasing after Niall will get us in trouble" Alyson replies.

"Then we have to deliver our message ourselves" Elma decides, "Are we all in?"

They all smile, "For Zayn"

🌟

The lack of sleep might be the cause of his irrational thinking, because as he looks past the castle walls and into the woods, he thinks he can tell Niall to start a fire, and not just any fire, perhaps a couple of villages nearby so he can focus better on the issue here. Yeah, he should bang his head to a wall to stop his mind from going this far.