3: taking a stand

A/N

It's really short and I'm sorry, but I was going to make it longer, but after reading it I want to leave it be, so that I can leave all the drama for the next few chapters, instead of trying to mush it all together. After a long wait, here it is and I hope you like it. xx

------------------------------------------

I focus on the pain, the only thing that is real.

The needle tears the hole, as everything stains my skin.

My feet criss crossed as my left hand carved lines of nothing into my wrist; nothing made me feel so alive.

No sounds came bellowing down from upstairs, for the family had gone out for a night of fun and laughter. Leaving me here alone with nothing but my thoughts. Every memory from conception seemed to fog my vision and congest my mind.

That's how I got here.

That's how I had the courage to let the pain bleed out.

I'm thankful, really. To have a break, even just for a night. My body needs a break, I need a break.

Tonight I didn't think about the next day to come or the next time I'd have to feel the pain of my mother.

I thought of a way to escape. A plan completely unfolded in the walls of my brain and something began to fill the empty place in my chest with hope.

Somehow I knew this would work. I would get away; after next weekend I'd be free.

While the family was out for their weekend family night, I'd run away. I've thought about it so many times.

So many times I'd crack the window and look out; sometimes I'd even raise the window all the way up and sit on the ledge. Never did I have the courage to actually leave, but the more I thought about it, the more logical it became.

Before I was underage. Now I'm eighteen, I can buy things and hopefully find some place to live.

I don't have any money, but mother has a lot of broken jewelry laying around and I could just slip some past her while doing my chores.

I even thought about sneaking upstairs and taking something now, but a shadow of fear still hung over me.

I'd start the first step to my scheme tomorrow, everything would be better soon.

All the pain will end soon.

One more week and never will I ever have to be a subject to her games.

I'm taking a stand, it ends now.