chapter twenty-seven (pan)

Chapter twenty-seven (Pan)

"Adelia?" I call, and suddenly I see her. Her eyes meet mine, and glisten with pure disbelief.

"Peter!" she yells, limping over while gripping an oar.

Turning around, I see Regina behind me, her hand healed from Adelia's attack with the arrow (magic used of course) and raised, ready to preform an act of dark magic. I send a thick punch to her nose, and blood gushes out everywhere. Furious, the evil queen throws flaming balls of flame, but I duck under every one. Avoiding Regina's magic distracts me from noticing Tinkerbell sneak up behind me. A sharp cracking sound emerges, as I turn to see the ex-fairy sprawled out on the ground, and a grinning Adelia standing over her, holding the oar above her head.

"Finally." she scoffs.

Only Regina is left on the deck, for Tink is unconscious and the rest must either be unaware, or doing something else in preparation of my attack.

"Adelia, get out of here." I order, knowing Regina will have no problem with killing her. Adelia refuses, shaking her head defiantly. "Get out!" I exclaim again, but she ignores me, and rearranges her grip on the oar. Regina waves a hand over her newly injured nose, and it's healed just like that. Almost as quickly, she sends a beam of magic towards me. Just missing it by an inch, I duck.

Knowing I'm not strong enough to beat Regina, my priorities lie in getting Adelia out of here. I run over, ducking and swerving around beams of purple light. Grabbing Adelia by the arm, I point to the water, so she'll prepare to swim. With a punctured thigh, it will be no easy feat, but I know for sure she'll be able to do it.

I pick her up, and prepare to toss her over the side, until the door to the cabin slams open, and the rest of the adults spill out. I lose hope, knowing I have no chance of winning this fight. I proceed in tossing Adelia into the water, but just as she reaches the air, she stops, frozen. "Damn it." I curse, as I see Rumplestiltskin's palm raised, casting a spell that's moving Adelia back to the deck. She drops to the ground with a moan, and I try to rush to her side, but I am blown backward by a spell.

My head makes a cracking sound against the wood, but I don't feel any pain. Gritting my teeth, I get up with a spinning head, and charge Rumplestiltskin like an angry bull. Once again, I am thrown back by a strong force.

"Peter." Adelia moans, in too critical a condition to do anything. Belle kneels to her side, stroking her hair, but Adelia rolls her head away, and calls Belle a wench.

Trying to get up, I feel a burning sensation towards my back, and watch in horror as my shadow is slowly ripped off my body. Grimacing, the pain burns through my skin and I know that as soon as it's gone, I'll be transported to the shore, out of the safe-bubble they've built. "Adelia." I say through grit teeth, feeling tears in the corners of my eyes. "Adelia, I love you."

"Peter?" she whimpers like a scared puppy.

"I'll find you, I promise." I assure her.

"I love you." she whispers, weakly. As tears leak down her face.

I open my mouth to respond, but I am enveloped in a yellow ray of light, and I find myself back on shore.

"Raise the sails!" I hear in the distance.

"Adelia!" I yell, watching in horror as the boat soars into the air.

"I'll find you." I whisper, watching as the ship disappears into the clouds.

With a heavy heart, this is how I finish The Enemy. The sequel will be coming soon, in a week or so. I hope you guys liked this story as much as I liked writing it. I'll be working on my new story as well, called Immune, so if you guys could read that it'd be amazing. Follow me on ig at @robbieokayy and I'll see you guys soon.