chapter eighteen (adelia)

Chapter eighteen (Adelia)

It's been three days, and while I've regained my energy, we're preparing for another attack.
"Felix!" I call, looking for my new friend.

"Adelia!" He calls back, and we laugh. In his hands are a crossbow and a dagger. "Which one do you want?" he asks. I take the dagger, considering I like close combat better.

"That's my girl," Peter chuckles as he walks by. "willing to get her hands dirty."

"I've been thinking..." I begin, turning away from Felix and facing Peter. "If you have magic, why don't you just kill everyone with the wave of your hand?"

"Well, where's the fun in that?" he purrs, raising an eyebrow. "But Adelia, I underestimated them last time. They have the power to take you, and I don't want to take that chance."

"Are you saying I can't fight?" I ask accusingly, crossing my arms.

"No, I'm saying you can, just from a far range."

"Fine." I mutter, handing my knife to Felix and taking the crossbow in its place.

"Let's move out." he orders, putting Henry in a sleeping state and hiding him in a tent. We don our cloaks and move out, to where Pan thinks they'll be. I get positioned in a tree, making sure my hood covers my face. I don't wan't anyone to see me. Peter stands alone in the clearing, and just as he said, the whole group arrive, weapons pointed at Pan.

"Ah, the group returns." Pan sneers, his eyes finding Baelfire. "Ah, and you found Baelfire as well."

"You're a monster!" Emma exclaims, unsheathing her sword.

"Ah, but I'm much more than that. I am but a boy, yet I am a king."

"A king of a terrible land." Charming mutters.

"Yes, but answer me this. Is the king of hell any less powerful than the king of heaven? Is Hades really any less powerful than Zeus? What you call hell is what I call paradise." Peter speaks, his voice raised to a point where he's yelling.

"Its unbelievable how the evil don't feel guilt." Snow exclaims.

"Ah, but being evil is splendid. Having no worries, no frets, nobody to fear, and then theres the whole business of capturing beautiful girls." Peter smirks, and I feel myself blush.

"Adelia won't stay with you!" Belle yells.

"Ah, but she will stay. Because we are bound by something practically unbreakable."

"And whats that?" Regina snaps.

"Why, by true love of course."

"Thats ridiculous." Emma scoffs.

"It's true!" I exclaim, climbing down from the tree.

"Adelia, run." Peter orders.

"No." I mutter. I see Regina raise a hand, preparing to cast a spell on me. In a flash, I raise my crossbow and send an arrow through her hand. I wince as blood drips down her palm. Snow shrieks, and the adults look at me in disbelief. A tear dripping down my face, I turn to the smirking face of Peter.

Regina's expression doesn't even change. "How nice." she states, calmly looking at the arrow in her hand. Guilt overwhelms me, and I prepare to run. Turning away, I see Rumplestiltskin raise a hand, and everything goes black. I slump to the ground, to the sound of Peter frantically calling my name.