Chapter Nineteen

A few days later, Wendy was up and running again.

And today, she brought a friend home.

"Dad! This is my friend Kyle! We're doing a project, my door is open if you need to snoop!" She yelled, not hugging me or the guys like she usually does. She just walked into her room with this guy.

"Hey! Excuse me young lady, you best get your ass out here and hug me before I get old and die!" Alex yelled.

Wendy let out a long sigh and walked back to the livingroom to hug Alex.

She hugged him from behind and whispered something to him.

"Oohhh. Sorry princess." He said and she walked off.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

Alex walked over and said in a low voice," She said that she really likes him and she heard that he likes her too so she doesn't want us to mess up her opportunity."

"Ohhh. Well now we gotta embarrass the living shit outta of her." I said.

"You will not." Rian said.

"You take the fun out of everything, fun sucker." I muttered.

"At least I'm not trying to ruin your daughters life." Rian shrugged.

A couple hours later, Wendy walked Kyle to the door and he went for a hug.

She accepted it, and I was mentally cheering for my girl for going out of her comfort zone and talking to people her own age.

Once Kyle was out of the door, she shut it behind him and turned around. Happy as a lark. Her smile was wide.

"Wendy's got a crush! Wendy's got a crush!" I sang.

"Stooop." She whined, her cheeks turning red.

"Jack quit being rude to your daughter." Zack said.

"Guys. Guess what?" She asked.

"What?" We all answered.

"Ya bitch got his number!" She yelled.

"Hey! Watch your damn mouth!" Alex yelled, but pulled her into a hug.

"Now, he sends you a dick pic. Lemme know so I can cut it off." I said.

"Oh my god. Dad. Shut up. He's not that kind of guy. He's super sweet and opens doors for me." She said.

"Y'all, chivalry ain't dead." Rian said.