Chapter Four

Later That Night
Jack's POV

Wendy and I are in bed, I'm reading her a story.

"Daddy? Will you sing to me?" She asked. "Sure." I said. "I like that one song Johnny Cash sang." She said. "There are a lot of those kiddo. Gonna have to go into a bit of detail." I chuckled, marking the spot we were on. "The You are my sunshine song." She said.

"Gotcha." I said and began to sing.

About halfway through the song she fell asleep on my chest, her little head covering my Jack Skellington tattoo. Her hair was near my neck, still a bit damp from the bath she had hours ago.

I wrapped my arms around her and eventually fell asleep.

The next morning

Jack's POV

When I woke up Wendy was still asleep. I carefully got out of bed and went to shower.

After my shower I got dressed and made breakfast. About ten minutes into frying some bacon, Wendy walked into the kitchen.

"Hey doll." I said and looked down at her. "Hey daddy." She said.

"You wanna go see uncle Alex and aunt Lisa?" I asked as I put two strips of bacon and a small amount of scrambled eggs onto a small plate for her. "Yeah!" She yelled excitedly.

I sat her at the breakfast bar and set her plate down. I made my own plate and sat next to her.

We both ate in silence.

We both finished relatively at the same time. I put our dishes in the sink and went to go help her pick an outfit out.

I got a floral skirt, a white tee shirt, and a pair of floral Doc Martins.

"Let's get you dressed

"Let's get you dressed. But first let's get your teeth brushed." I said, threw my child over my shoulder and ran to the bathroom, her giggling the whole way.

We brushed our teeth, got dressed, and went to go see Alex and Lisa. We walked because they only lived about three doors down.

When we got to Alex and Lisa's place we both knocked on the door.

Lisa answered the door, Sebastian and Peyton were running at Wendy's feet.

"Peyton! Baz! Get in the house." Alex said, coming up from behind Lisa.

"Wendy!" Alex yelled, scooped her up, and kissed her all over her face.

This make her squeal and giggle. She had to whack him on his shoulders to get him to stop.

"Oh hey Jack." Alex said, drawing his attention to me.

"You only want me for my child!" I exclaimed like we were on some weird soap opera. "Jack honey, it isn't true! I love you both!" Alex yelled, catching onto what I was doing. "Why. Why did I marry this idiot." Lisa mumbled.

"You two are weird." Wendy said and reached for Lisa. Lisa took her from Alex and the two of them went inside.

Gah. I love my lil girl.