two.

2:46
home
— johnny

the game goes better this time around. without this tendollar kid shooting johnny down whenever he tries to use his ultimate, the game is much easier. in fact, he finds himself working with the guy - after he uses his ultimate, the kid picks off anyone that might remain on the point with almost worryingly good headshots. johnny can't help but wonder how long this kid spends playing widowmaker because he doesn't think he's ever seen a more efficient one in his life.

they win this time around, and johnny can't help but grin when he sees the massive 'victory' flash across the screen. "hell yeah," he grins, typing a quick 'gg' into the team chat. he also gets play of the game for one of his ultimates right above the point (a risky move, but one johnny's a professional at now).

game chat
[jsuh]: gg
[tendollar]: yeah gg to you too
[winwinsituation]: yeah ! good Game :)
[yakiyuta]: djdjdj wtf so CUTE
[yakiyuta]: gg tho

johnny's about to exit the game to try and get some sleep now that he's played for an hour or two, but he's stopped when another message pops up.

player chat [jsuh + tendollar]
[tendollar]: hey
[tendollar]: add me on steam man
[tendollar]: ive got a team that could use a pharah like you
[jsuh]: yeah alright

johnny doesn't see the point in refusing, and he adds the tendollar kid just like he's asked. he gets added back immediately after.

player chat [jsuh + tendollar]
[tendollar]: hell yeah.

johnny closes overwatch after that, but he does check steam instead. the tendollar guy is active, apparently having had the same idea as johnny. he's about to leave again when a message pops up.

[tendollar]: hey
[tendollar]: you wanna be part of the  team then?

[jsuh]: yeah i don't see why not

[tendollar]: nice
[tendollar]: we talk on skype mostly so
[tendollar]: + we play as practice every thursday at 3pm

[jsuh]: i can do that

he's home by 3pm every thursday, because he doesn't work on that day, and he also has no classes in the afternoon that day. he doesn't consider that the guy might be in a different timezone, though.

[jsuh]: you want my skype then?

[tendollar]: pls
[tendollar]: that makes everything much easier

johnny isn't too sure why he's just giving all his details away to some guy he met by pure coincidence, but hey, whatever. if it comes back to bite him in the ass, it comes back to bite him in the ass. illud est quod est, johnny thinks. it is what it is.

[jsuh]: it's just the same username

[tendollar]: handy.
[tendollar]: what's your name anyway?

[jsuh]: johnny.
[jsuh]: wbu?
[name change - jsuh > johnny]

[tendollar]: ten.
[name change - tendollar > ten]

[johnny]: ten's a fuckin cool name wtf

[ten]: ;)
[ten]: johnny's cute tho
[ten]: as in. the name. idk what you look like yet so i can't judge if you're cute or not

[johnny]: thanks
[johnny]: listen i gtg for now im tired as hell. but ill speak later yeah?

[ten]: yeah that's ok
[ten]: bye johnny

[johnny]: yeah. bye

johnny goes to bed after that - a good idea seeing as it's turning 3:30am and he has an exam in five hours. he doesn't sleep, granted, but at least he's in bed. instead he thinks about ten, and how he was so open to inviting johnny to his little overwatch team, riding solely on the fact that he thought it was fate that they were matched twice.

it's cute, but ridiculous. johnny rolls onto his side and watches the seconds tick by on his clock instead of thinking about it any longer.

10:00
town
— johnny

johnny's exam goes okay, he thinks. he meets up with his friend mark afterwards, and they head to a coffee shop to celebrate. johnny is definitely tired, so he's grateful for the opportunity to get some caffeine in his system. mark is cheerful as always because he always is - he's young and playful because he doesn't have to worry about exams just yet.

"you look tired." he observes as they sit outside together, johnny perching precariously on the side of a flowerbed with his feet resting on the bench mark's sat on while he drinks his coffee. he doesn't really acknowledge mark's statement until he feels a sharp pinch on his leg with a childish mumble of "don't ignore me, asshole."

"i am tired." johnny clarifies, and mark rolls his eyes in response, digging his elbow sharply into johnny's hip.

"you should've gone to sleep instead of staying up playing overwatch." mark scolds him, and johnny almost wants to kick him off the bench. mark acts like his mother so often and it's really weird, especially considering the fact that mark is considerably younger than him.

"how did you know i was—?" he cuts himself off when he notices mark's unimpressed glare, and his lips narrow into a line. "whatever. i got invited to join a team."

that apparently piques mark's interest because his frown disappears completely, and he looks up to johnny with a genuinely surprised expression. "you what?"

"i played against this widowmaker that kept fucking me over every time i tried to ult and then i got matched with him again when i searched for a new game." johnny states simply, "and we were on the same team that time. and then he messaged me asking if i wanted to be a part of his team 'cause he doesn't have a decent pharah player."

mark seems pretty surprised. "never thought you'd make it to a team before me."

"fuck off." johnny pushes mark's shoulder, and mark almost drops his latte. "anyway, he's added me to their skype group chat. i think. i don't know, my phone's been off all morning."

"maybe you should check."

"nah. i'll do it when i get home."