Chapter 1

The wind brushed gently against the trees making small quiet sounds. Kiba sat on an old log crossing his arms as he ran his fingers gently through his brown hair. His slit eyes looked up. A smile curled up on his lips making the red upside down triangles on his cheeks stretch out a bit as he saw his friend Akumaru run up to him. "Ay boy where've ya been? I've been looking all over for you!" He chuckled as the big white dog jumped on him licking his master's cheek leaving it wet after words. Kiba ruffled Akumaru's fur getting up,"wanna get something to eat bud?" The big dog barked in agreement hearing back from the direction he came from. "Ay! Wait for me!" Kiba shouted running after his friend, his smile widened as his canine teeth grew more visible. "Man you've gotten quicker huh?but you're still a slow poke compared to me!" He shouted sprinting past his friend. Akumaru barked in joy as he chased after his master. Once the two made it to Konhona, Kiba was beat. He panted like a dog trying to catch his breath, "man i'm out of shape" Akumaru stood beside him barking at him. Kiba snorted,"whatever, i'm still faster than you." The white dog shook his head beginning to walk again. Kiba growled his nose cringing as his slit eyes thinned,"shut up akumaru! You know i'm right!" He caught up with his friend crossing his arms pouting like a child. Him and akumaru have been together since they were pups, he had a strong relationship with him. Much like his clan, they're basically like dogs, but not in a bad way. The Inuzuka clan was known for their relationships with beasts, hence forth their ability to talk to dogs and pretty much everything you see in a dog. It's pretty simple once you understand. "Kiba", A stern calm voice called out to him. Kiba turned around and smiled seeing his friend Shino."ay shino! What's up?" Shino have been friends for two years now, since they became partners for the academy and both became chuinn together. Kiba waited for shino to catch up with him and akumaru,"what'd do you need Shino?" Shino pulled a small scroll from his pocket handing it to him,"Lady Hokage wants to see you" Kiba look the scroll and grinned wildly,"hell yea! You hear that Akumaru?! We finally might get a mission to ourselves!" Akumaru barked happily wagging his tail excitedly. Shino let out a silent sigh and walked away. Kiba shoved the scroll in his pocket,"what are we waiting for?! Let's go!", He excitedly exclaimed like a puppy who just came out of the bath and headed off running to the Hokage's building, akumaru followed close behind his master.

  Once they both made it, they entered Lady Tsunade's office. Kiba bowed slightly at the blonde woman and smiled while Akumaru barked. "Hello Lady Hokage, Shino sent me here, he said you wanted to see me?" Tsunade nodded with a faint smile folding her arms beneath her big chest," i have an assignment for you and Akumaru." Kiba's smile widened his canine teeth more visible than before,"really?! Aw man this is great! What's the assignment?" Tsunade sighed and smiled, " i want you to head over to the village Hidden in the Sand to held the Kazekage." Kiba blinked, "you mean Gaara? But why?" Tsunade's smile disappeared," because the Kazekage wants one of my best chunin to help him and i chose you, so you should be honored." Kiba sighed and nodded," yes lady hokage." Kiba turned around but Tsunade stopped him," wait Kiba" Kiba turned around and sniffed looking at her," yes?" Tsunade smiled," you won't be doing this alone, I also have a joinin that will assist you, he is also from Suna I'm sure you know him." Kiba tilted his head, who could she possibly be talking about? Kiba's nose twitched and he heard Akumaru let out a low growl as his eyes trailed at the door behind him a figure walking in. The figure was tall and wore all black, a hood with cat like ears, a large bandage wrapped bag on their back. Kiba looked up at the slightly taller figure his eyes widening seeing the painted face he recognized completely," Kankuro?!" Kankuro looked at the dog ninja and weakly smirked," well ain't it the mutt, how've ya been" Kiba snarled at the word mutt," I'm not a mutt ok?" He looked at lady Tsunade," why does he have to help me? I can handle it myself with Akumau at my side!" Tsuande sighed," because he is the brother of the Kazekage"
Kankuro scoffed,"yeah idiot plus I didn't ask for this so don't push me" Kankuro said walking off," let's get going, it's a pretty long trip from Konhona to Suna" his painted lips twisted into a smirk," mutt"