Chapter Four

Chapter Four

(Caspian's POV)

I stood in my ship quarters, my hands clasped behind my back, eyes on the wide moon through the window. The crew and everyone else were celebrating the Pevenises' arrival on deck, but I decided to hide myself from the festivities. My heart was heavy, for I missed my beloved wife and adoring children back in Telmar. It had been months now since I had seen them, and I felt as if something wrong has occurred. There was an awful pit in my stomach, gnawing at my very being. Something was deathly wrong, but I was too far away to know what.

"Caspian, aren't you going to join us?" A voice behind me said as my bedroom door squeaked open. I heard footsteps approach me, then stop a few feet behind me. I sighed, my eyes closing with homesickness. I missed Antonio, Demetria, and my precious Madeline. I needed them, and I was beginning to regret ever going on this quest.

"No, not tonight, Lucy." I said, not looking back at her. "I apologize, I'm not usually this depressed. It's just that I-"

"Miss your family." Lucy continued for me. I opened my eyes and turned to face he, a small smile on my face. Of course out of all the Pevensies, the youngest would be the one to understand my dilemma. I remembered Lucy as a young girl the first time I had met her, but now she looked all grown up. Especially in the moonlight. She smiled back at me.

"Maybe all you need is a little celebration. I bet everything is fine back at the kingdom, you're just worrying. Don't fret, that's something all fathers and husbands do when they're away from loved ones. They just need to get their minds off of it. And by 'they', I mean you." Lucy told me with a sensitive grin. I knew she meant well.

"Alright, I guess a little dancing and celebrating wouldn't do me any harm." I finally gave in. She grinned even wider and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of my room and onto the deck.

The crew was out of control.

There was dancing and festive music playing, many people had mugs in their hands and were singing merry tunes. Edmund and Susan were dancing together, laughing gleefully. The stars were shining brightly tonight, adding to the jolliness of it all. I smiled as I stood beside Lucy, watching all of it occur. Everyone seemed so happy. I knew the Pevensies were, they were obviously overjoyed to be back in Narnia. I was happy for them as well I just wasn't in the dancing mood.

"About time you came out here." A voice beside me said.

Peter.

"Well, I couldn't miss out on all the fun." I stated simply, my arms folded, gaze on the king and Queen dancing before the crew. Lucy was clapping to the rhythm, giggling gleefully. She obviously hadn't noticed that Peter had snuck over to our side of the deck. I leaned my back against the wooden railing, trying to keep my fake smile on my face.

"Yes, celebrations are always enjoyable, are they not?" Peter said to me.

"Indeed, they are quite the catch." I replied.

"Of course the celebrations back home are twice as fun as the ones here." Peter stated. I let his small insult roll over me as if he hadn't even said those words at all. But Lucy had apparently heard him.

"What do you mean, Peter? Narnia has always been more fun then our other home." Lucy said, her arms crossed in a strict manner. She was now facing him, her back to the party. I couldn't help but smirk, wanting to hear Peter get told off by his younger sibling. Especially in front of the entire crew.

"Of course, of course. It's just that the parties in America were way more enjoyable than this. You wouldn't know, little sister, since you've never been there." Peter stated. I stood up straight, my hands balled up into fists at my sides.